Valvoline Maxlife Syntetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you guys know, that there is a walmart in Portage Indiana that carry's the Maxlife FULL Synthetic oil in 5w30 and 10w30. They have it in the 5 qt jugs or 1 qt bottles. Not sure if anyone else is around this area but I know some were saying they couldn't find the full synthetic

yeah, im on the boarder of michigan and indana so I buy if I want it I can get it there now that I think about it, O'rileys autoparts also had it in Merriville Ind

i too have read about it being hard to find. my wal mart has had it in stock, in both weights, since i joined this site

Last edited:
I've always been able to find it at both O'Reilly's and Walmart. Also you can buy it by the bottle from a VIOC.

The walmart on coldwater road in Fort Wayne, IN has it as well. 5/30 and 10/30.

nfs480 do you just go in and they have it on a shelf? Or do you have to order it? I have a VIOC about 2 minutes from my house that would be awesome if they had it.

Yeah, we keep it in the basement in quart bottles (i'm a senior tech at the local VIOC)

EDIT: The manager may try to talk you into letting them change it instead, but I know it's possible to just buy it by the quart (i've done it)

Last edited:
N.E. Ohio WM's carry Vavoline M.L. in all sizes and blends, I didnt realize Full syn was harder to come by....$22.50 a 5 qt jug, kinda pricey if you ask me.

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Just wanted to let you guys know, that there is a walmart in Portage Indiana that carry's the Maxlife FULL Synthetic oil in 5w30 and 10w30. They have it in the 5 qt jugs or 1 qt bottles. Not sure if anyone else is around this area but I know some were saying they couldn't find the full synthetic

You can get the full synthetic Maxlife at Amazon..free shipping too. They sell it by the 6pk.

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy

Off topic but just wanted to say hey... wife is from Gary.. we're due for a trip up there soon :)

O'Reilley auto parts has it in the back, or sometimes in the HDEO section.

To rostoma u can get it at both o'rileys on broadway in Gary or hwy 6 at walmart in portage

Originally Posted By: Jason8691
Kragens here in Cali has it, but its $7 a quart.

I'm a big fan of maxlife blend, but is this oil worth it at 7 dollars a qt?

According to the .pdfs on Valvoline's site, the 5w-30 versions of the blend and full have almost identical specs. I wonder what differences between them would crop up in actual use.

Originally Posted By: gib
According to the .pdfs on Valvoline's site, the 5w-30 versions of the blend and full have almost identical specs. I wonder what differences between them would crop up in actual use.

Yes, that's true. They say in the FAQ section that the full synthetic gives the maximum protection. However, the comparisons with the 10W30s are different. Take a look at the VIs, FP, Cold Crank and Noacks in the 10W30s.

Blend

Full Synthetic

I will be using the 10W30 Synthetic with a mixture of their 5W40 Synpower MST in my next OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back