Valvoline MaxLife & ML synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, and a friend, installed the new Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic oil in our vehicles within the last two weeks. Both engines, which were running fine to begin with, sound even better...quieter and a considerable amount more smooth. The engine temps have decreased, especially while driving down the highway, and the overall operation feels more refined. Both are Chrysler/Dodge cloud cars with Mitsubishi 2.5L V6's. From reading on this good BITOG forum, I have found the conventional MaxLife to have no Moly (??). This is not so good. But it has stopped leaks, where the Castrol HM hasn't. Being in a little distress with some questions, can anyone please give some comments or information regarding these oils?

-Is MaxLife Synthetic a PAO Group IV or V, or a Group III?
-Do both of them have Moly?
-For the longevity of the engine, should we use the MaxLife to clean out the engine and seal any leaks, then switch back to Mobil-1?
-Also, is Mobil-1 the only PAO available at such stores like WalMart?
-Is the MaxLife a good choice to extend engine life?

It will be interesting getting the UOA on our Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife 5W30. I will post them ASAP, when we get the 3000K.

Thanks!!!

quote:

Originally posted by DSteven:

-Also, is Mobil-1 the only PAO available at such stores like WalMart?
-

It will be interesting getting the UOA on our Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife 5W30. I will post them ASAP, when we get the 3000K.

Based on the response I got from Valvoline " which was no response
tongue.gif
" quite likely the Mobil Drive Clean blend has more PAO than Maxlife Synthetic does .

If I were an oil maker in todays world of group III's I'd be proud to stand up and say yep we use PAO in our oil .

Not that group III's are all that bad but the Mobil and it's real deal formula actually costs less money from what I've seen and this group III thing has always been a hard pill for me to swallow .I believe Amsoil can be bought for just a tad bit more than the Maxlife and it's real PAO and I won't bring up the 4.70 per quart Synergyn
wink.gif

Where's the Federal Trade Commission when you need em ?
grin.gif

BTW , if you don't have coolant leaks " loss of coolant " I'd take that oil to at least 5k cause a 3k analysis is a waste IMO unless it takes 6-7 months to get there .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back