Valvoline High Mileage 150k+

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this oil? It seems interesting and the way the valvoline website has it worded it seems like it’s the best version of the High Mile oils but then under the FAQ section it shows a chart with it being in between red bottle and the full synthetic version. So again just curious on what others experiences have been or opinions are

My old Ford Explorer rolled over 250k miles, and has a minor oil weep. I tried using "high Mileage oils" and they did nothing to help the situation. Running a slightly higher grade did the trick. Once your vehicle gets into the high mileage category, there's no miracle in a bottle that will restore it back to new again. Go the cheapest route to keep oil usage to a acceptable level. You'll get the same amount of miles out of the vehicle, until something else goes bad making it cost prohibitive to fix.,,,

I'm sure it's just as good as other API certified oils. Good OCI with a good filter is more important than brand of oil.

I have it in my 2012 Hyundai Accent GDI right now, the 5w30 version. No complaints to date. I have had a lot of good fortune using Valvoline oils in my GDI engines.
I’m thinking of trying it in my mother’s 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, that or just a High Mileage oil in general but with that said I find it interesting specifically that it touts using Moly as an additive on the bottle and the way it’s marketed is that it would seem to be a better oil than the full synth version but yet it’s not according to the comparison chart they list for all 3 high mileage oils.

Yeah where in the heck is it for sale at ? ???

And no I don't mean amazon.

I know it's a Meijer .... Which is about ohh 1200-1500 miles away from me.

I bought 15qts off Amazon back when they first started carrying it. They had it at somewhere around $15 per 5qt jug. I'm running it in my 2008 Crown Vic, which has somewhere near 194k miles. If you told me it was the red Maxlife in a black bottle, I wouldn't argue with you. I see no difference in the two as far as the Ford 4.6 is concerned. Price was the only reason for me to try it out. Now that it's $25 or more, I'll go back to the red Maxlife bottles.

My old Ford Explorer rolled over 250k miles, and has a minor oil weep. I tried using "high Mileage oils" and they did nothing to help the situation. Running a slightly higher grade did the trick. Once your vehicle gets into the high mileage category, there's no miracle in a bottle that will restore it back to new again. Go the cheapest route to keep oil usage to a acceptable level. You'll get the same amount of miles out of the vehicle, until something else goes bad making it cost prohibitive to fix.,,,

Once the seals develop age cracks and start leaking, there’s no miracle leak cure in a bottle of oil. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There’s also no proof that I’ve seen that suggests using high mileage oil at the recommended 75k miles (that’s considered HIGH mileage these days?! 🤨 ) will help extend the life of various seals and keep them from leaking later as the engine ages.

I’d love to see two engine ran side by side, one with regular synthetic and one with high mileage miracle snake oil after 75k miles and see which one busts a leak first as they near say… 200k miles.

Once the seals develop age cracks and start leaking, there’s no miracle leak cure in a bottle of oil. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There’s also no proof that I’ve seen that suggests using high mileage oil at the recommended 75k miles (that’s considered HIGH mileage these days?! 🤨 ) will help extend the life of various seals and keep them from leaking later as the engine ages.

I’d love to see two engine ran side by side, one with regular synthetic and one with high mileage miracle snake oil after 75k miles and see which one busts a leak first as they near say… 200k miles.
I’m just looking for experiences or opinions pertaining to the above stated oil, Valvoline HM 150k+

I’m asking about the new High Mileage 150k + and if anyone has opinions or experiences specific to that oil
I used to very much love High Mileage oils, until I had an epiphany.. all they are is oil with a seal conditioner as part of their additive package and seal conditioners are not the best thing. K

I have not used High Mileage oils in some time.

So now they call High Miles 150k, which is a lot more correct than 75k (which is not high miles.) Interesting...

Back