Valvoline Extended Protection

Anyone like using this oil? Just curious how it stacks up against PUP or Castrol EEP, as I plan on possibly using it in the future. Right now I’m going for PUP due to having more detergent in it than most other oils but haven’t heard much about Valvoline EP’s detergent package.

Yup, it's in my truck and my van right now. I also bought 8 more jugs recently thanks to the $5/jug rebate Valvoline is doing right meow. When the CR-V needs oil change next, it'll get it as well.

Here's a VOA someone did for 0W20:
img_0077-jpg.58335

and a UOA for 5w30:
oilan-jpg.61112

Yup, it's in my truck and my van right now. I also bought 8 more jugs recently thanks to the $5/jug rebate Valvoline is doing right meow. When the CR-V needs oil change next, it'll get it as well.

Here's a VOA someone did for 0W20:
img_0077-jpg.58335

and a UOA for 5w30:
oilan-jpg.61112
Results look good. I think I’ll pick up a jug for my next-next OC since it’s on rebate.

FYI Valvoline Extended Performance is not intended to be an extended drain oil like M1EP or Castrol Edge EP

In my opinion, VEP should be named differently. I would stick to manufacturers recommended OCI until we see more used oil analyses on this new product line.

Anyone like using this oil? Just curious how it stacks up against PUP or Castrol EEP, as I plan on possibly using it in the future. Right now I’m going for PUP due to having more detergent in it than most other oils but haven’t heard much about Valvoline EP’s detergent package.
Please explain. What detergent does it have that's greater than most other oils? How does the detergent work with the rest of the additive pack? Do non-detergent additives affect the way the detergent works?

Please explain. What detergent does it have that's greater than most other oils? How does the detergent work with the rest of the additive pack? Do non-detergent additives affect the way the detergent works?
My apologies, I’m pretty new here (this is my first thread) and I’m trying to get more familiar with reading OA charts. I’ve heard PUP has a lot of detergent in it, based on past threads and VOAs and UOAs from this site. Also the Project Farm oil-showdown series, PUP had the third most detergent/dispersants behind Amsoil and Redline.

My apologies, I’m pretty new here (this is my first thread) and I’m trying to get more familiar with reading OA charts. I’ve heard PUP has a lot of detergent in it, based on past threads and VOAs and UOAs from this site. Also the Project Farm oil-showdown series, PUP had the third most detergent/dispersants behind Amsoil and Redline.

The fact of the matter is that if a oil meets the latest API specs then it’s a good oil and you should have no worries.

The Valvoline is a excellent oil.

View attachment 86884
View attachment 86885

At my local Walmart they have Valvoline EP with a new label. I knew things would be different in 2022 but it's all changing too quickly 🤯
Maybe trying to differentiate it more from normal Valvoline Advanced full synthetic? The way the new bottle is marketed reminds me of how Castrol Edge looks.

View attachment 86884
View attachment 86885

At my local Walmart they have Valvoline EP with a new label. I knew things would be different in 2022 but it's all changing too quickly 🤯
This is why Supertech is less expensive. They aren’t changing the label all the time. Nor is it a fancy, corporate panel designed effort.

And the Supertech oil lubricates your engine just as good.

This is why Supertech is less expensive. They aren’t changing the label all the time. Nor is it a fancy, corporate panel designed effort.

And the Supertech oil lubricates your engine just as good.
Unless you get the Supertech “Advanced” Synthetic. It’s more expensive than most Name Brand oils at the moment.

Back