Valve covers off pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys! Long time viewer of this awesome group! Have learn a ton and had just about as many laughs! I have a 2007 Silveado Classic with a 5.3 engine. I took the time to take the vavle covers off the other night just for giggles. Figured i'd share

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome2.gif

Very nice, thanks for posting.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

What's the mileage on the engine and what engine oil have you been using to get these results ?

Beautiful and clean. Always enjoy seeing different engines, with different oils and intervals and seeing the sort of results produced.

I wonder if this clean engine is due to the "lazy" nature of a big, American V8? Or am I completely off the mark?

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
What's the mileage on the engine and what engine oil have you been using to get these results ?

You forgot to ask for the oil change interval.

Now this is a heck of a first post I must say. Well that there looks AWESOME. Shining like a diamond in a goat's rear end as the saying goes. Well done here man. Great job with the motor and the pictures.

And what was your reasoning for removing the valve covers? Looks very clean, inside and out.

Last edited:
The engine has 410,000kms on it. I bought it with 200,00kms on it. I can't say what the previous owner ran for oil or oci but i go by the olm which usually is around 10,000-12,000kms. Ive used mobil 1 5w30, pp5w30 and amsoil 0w30 until i started using this truck for deliveries. Ive been running amsoil hhd 5w30 in winter and amsoil 15w40 in the summer.

Last edited:
Not off the mark - The GM 5.3L is an evolution after the first one. While the displacement and push rod simplicity remain - dozens of modern updates are included in the Gen V ... Wikipedia and GM Authority cover this well ...

Well you've hit this out of the park man. Just a great job here. And yeah like you need that auto Rx!!
08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back