V-Belt on serpentine pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a strange question... How long do you think a v-belt will last on a serpentine pulley, actually the ac compressor? I don't expect to last long maybe 3-5k. On my aspire the older engine I put in it wouldn't except the newer serpentine pulleys. The main crank, and tensior are v-belt. In the future I was going to try to put one of the older pulley/clutch assemblies on the compressor but I haven't found out for sure if it will work. The ac was working good a year ago thats the only reason I don't change out compressors.

I don't think it's a question of how long the belt will last. I think it's more a question of how long before the belt gets thrown off.

What Paulo said, with the time measured in milliseconds from the instant the compressor is turned on. Wear goggles. There's a lot of energy being released there.

Eric Smith

Actually it didn't pop off. The serpentine belt on the v-belt pulleys attempted to but never did. The ac did work good for 10-15 til the belt got warm then it started slipping. The serpentine belt didn't but I was short for time. I'm going to try to switch out pulleys when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.