Using Mercon LV up mixed with Dex VI

I have about 12 qts of Motorcraft Mercon LV from the days when I had my 2017 Taurus. I also have a couple of quarts of MaxLife ATF that covers Dex VI and Mercon LV.

Would the consensus be that Mercon LV is interchangeable for Dex VI? I also have about 8 quarts of ACDelco Dex VI. Currently my 2005 Suburban is filled with that and it is doing fine.

I am considering the next trans spill and fill to go half and half with the Delco Dex VI and Mercon LV to use it up. Being that both are the OE brand of that spec fluid, I can't imagine that they don't meet the strict licenses and are both good fluids.

Thoughts?

The trans is a very very healthy, I think with about 20-30k on a rebuild, 4L60E.

Thanks.

Use it. Many products cover both.

20210730_122401.jpg

20210730_122419.jpg

20210730_122437.jpg

GM and Ford co-developed transmissions and the fluids for either 'name'. As others have pointed out, there are a number of ATFs that are licensed for both. Sure seems to be that they have to be interchangeable.

Every Mercon LV I've seen is also licensed as Dexron VI, and like someone else already said, GM and Ford co-developed transmissions together that use that type of fluid.

Every Mercon LV I've seen is also licensed as Dexron VI, and like someone else already said, GM and Ford co-developed transmissions together that use that type of fluid.
And if I'm not mistaken, Dexron VI ATFs aren't licensed for Mercon LV though, as if Ford won't approve/sell a license for it.

And if I'm not mistaken, Dexron VI ATFs aren't licensed for Mercon LV though, as if Ford won't approve/sell a license for it.
Yep … appears they have to file separately … I have used a dual approved ATF from both Castrol and SuperTech … yet the Valvoline I bought recently is Dex VI approved and MLV “recommended“

Update … I just noticed the pictures … used them all …

Last edited:
Back