USAF

I wish i did ANG and not ARNG
In CT, the state waives tuition at state schools (UCONN, CCSU et al) if you are a member in good standing (i.e training up to date, no missed drills) of the CTANG or ARNG.

All in all, the opportunities for training in the ANG that are easily transferable to a regular job is pretty substantial

My locations were Chanute AFB IL...Whiteman AFB MO...Sparrevohn AFS AK...Chanute AFB IL...Shaw AFB SC and last was Scott AFB IL all in weather...1973 to 1985....

In CT, the state waives tuition at state schools (UCONN, CCSU et al) if you are a member in good standing (i.e training up to date, no missed drills) of the CTANG or ARNG.

All in all, the opportunities for training in the ANG that are easily transferable to a regular job is pretty substantial
Yep, I ship out next year june because of paper work issues :cry:

Yes I did and went to the old White Hall....it was torn down many years ago...Good old Rantoul IL.

I did AFRES and ANG. Reserves was a joke but ANG was a blast.
I went to Aircraft Maintenance tech school in 1970. Jet over 2. Then on to March AFB CA., U-Tapao Thailand, Castle AFB CA, back to U-Tapao, Guam, Okinawa, Back to U-Tapao, Finally Fairchild AFB WA.

My locations were Chanute AFB IL...Whiteman AFB MO...Sparrevohn AFS AK...Chanute AFB IL...Shaw AFB SC and last was Scott AFB IL all in weather...1973 to 1985....
Been to Chanute for training, but my training was in Liquid Fuels Systems Maintenance, so @ Andrews, top secret clearance for Air Force 1.

Reactions: hrv
If you guys think about it, National Guard is the oldest part of the military's, and the air national guard component existed before ww1 in the Army National Guard.

Back