USA and Thrifty gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys/gals,

I know what your gonna say but since the cats out of the bag about BP officially getting rid of all the ARCO stations in Los Angeles my closest ARCO might become in the near future a USA or Thrifty. Since they both are considered too me odd/off brand gas I would like your opinions. Has any of you tried eigher brand??? The next closest is the Shell but this guy wants $4.94/regular!

Thanks,

Durango

I've got two USA Gasoline stations where I live. And thats where I fill up. They are both located at our Wal-Mart's and are a few cents cheaper then other new by stations. They just put in new pumps and always have alot of people filling up at mine.

As far as their gas is, I've not had any problems with my Jeep with them. Also USA Gasoline is own by Tesoro.

I'm sure the gas will be fine. I'm more comfortable buying gas not based on the name on the pump, rather how much volume the station sells ensuring freshness. If it's the lowest priced station then I'm sure they'll be selling a ton of gas.

I'm confused about all the threads about name-brand vs off-brand gas, as if buying from a discount station is going to cause problems. The last time I or anyone I know got bad gas was about 30 years ago. If concerned about lacking additives run a bottle of Techron or Regane a few times a year.

I think the super crowded gas station in Seaside that I pass by on a daily basis in an USA.

I have never used their fuel, but lately I have been purchasing the cheapest fuel available and adding RLI Bio-Plus at 1 oz to 10 gallons.

I had been using USA because it's on my normal drives, the station is busy all the times, so fresh gas every day. The price is about the same or 2-3 cents cheaper than Shell, Mobil ... but those stations are too far away.

Just buy what you can afford, follow it up with Techron every 3K and call it a day. If this station continues good volume, that IMO is more important than whether the fuel has been blessed by the "top tier" gods. Take it one tank at a time, if you have problems, seek other options.

We have a several Thrifty stations in my area, but their price is only a couple of cents per gallon cheaper than either the local Shell or 76 station, so I use Shell especially since my Ralphs grocery rewards card gives me a 10 cent per gallon discount on gas. The Shell station had regular at $4.31.9 per gallon yesterday. The 76 was at $4.29.9 cash price. That said, the Thrifty stations do alot of business, so hopefully, they have fresh gas.

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
Supposedly USA is top tier if you look at this website:

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

just filled up there tonight by my Walmart... this particular station is very busy too.

MysticGold04,

Let me check out this website when I get a chance cuz I didn't realize USA gas was considered Top Tier!?

In either case most of the time I fill up at my local ARCO station and perhaps now and then get some Union 76 or Chevron. Although it's higher n price now and then I can afford a few tank fulls of a Top Tier gasoline. More often than that I usually buy a bottle of Techron or Gumout to clean out the innerds.

We'll see what happens in my area in another 6 months as I'm sure by then somethings gonna happen.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back