Updating the hybrid tires?

So feeding off my last thread where I replaced my almost 10 year old Conti GP4S tires with some Grand Sport 28c tires I probably need to look at replacing the tires on my hybrid "family cruising" bike. Its sporting some 10 year old (or more) Conti Contact Ultralight rubbers, in something around 700x35. Maybe 32. Anyways, I really hate to break the bank on this one but it does see a good bit of use with the kid on the rack seat, so yeah. Currently looking at the Conti Top Contact II vs the RIDE Tour. Now I know its kind of comparing their top of the line to the bottom but I've run both and been quite happy. Just would like the additional vectran as well as the casing rated for higher PSI... But in reality, well, it won't matter. Any reason to spend double the money on some tires when I've riden the Ride tour's in the past and they have been an outstanding tire (back in the day commuting... actually even rode them on some Kentucky MTB trails when I was in a pinch).

Don't spend double the money if you only replace your tires every 10 years. I replace my tires every 2 years and get several flats per year. I should spend more on tires that are more resistant to punctures.

Don't spend double the money if you only replace your tires every 10 years. I replace my tires every 2 years and get several flats per year. I should spend more on tires that are more resistant to punctures.

Ah but perhaps by using quality like that I can last 10 years between changes! Actually these tires were hand me downs from my old commuter bike when I actually had a job that commuting to was realistic.

Back