Update to GM ecotech collapsed filters thread

Update to this thread https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/gm-ecotec-collapsed-crushed-filters.341146/

Changed the oil again, at same mileage. This filter looks mint, no issues at all, so will stick to these.
20210915_150945.jpg
20210915_151005.jpg
20210915_151015.jpg

Hengst makes good filters :)
Did you use the OLM-suggested OCI? What kind of oil did you use?

The filter without the cap, also called PF457G, doesn't come with an O-ring. There is also PF457GO (that's a letter oh) that has an O-ring but not a cap.

The Hengst-branded E630H in the Hengst box comes with an O-ring, as does the Purflux L264A.

Hengst makes good filters :)
Did you use the OLM-suggested OCI? What kind of oil did you use?

The filter without the cap, also called PF457G, doesn't come with an O-ring. There is also PF457GO (that's a letter oh) that has an O-ring but not a cap.

The Hengst-branded E630H in the Hengst box comes with an O-ring, as does the Purflux L264A.
5K miles with m1 esp 5/30. The pf 457 is the one I had issues with, that why I went with this one. Up here in Canada the pf457 is not a Hengst.

I always used the Hengst in my 2.3L Ecotec. Parts dealer said the GREEN O-rings were lifetime, but of course check for any nicks or such. Never had to change one.

Yep, looks good. I may have missed it in the reading, have you found a way to purchase the Hengst cartridge without having to buy a new cap with it?
Ya got a few with caps, then rock auto after that....they were not priced to bad anyway....$18? if i remember right?

I've been using the Hengst-made PF457 in my 2.4 Cobalt for a bunch of years now... I was using Pure Ones at first before Pep Boys got really stingy with their coupons so I switched to the AC Delco. I get some twisting/creases on many or most of the filters but that doesn't seem to have caused any issues for me. Currently at 257K miles with Blackstone analysis every eighteen months or so going back to when the car was new, and all shows good there. My current filter however is from someone else.... K&N or Wix, I don't remember which. Walmart was out of PF457s that day.

I'll be due for an oil change in less than a thousand miles, so I'll take a real close look at the filter at that time. Maybe I'll even post a picture.

Back