Update on the Camaro, i spent all day.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK for all of you helping me with my car and i thank you ! Let me list all that i did.
smile.gif

1) I FLUSHED out the cooling system.. COMPLETELY!
laugh.gif
I must have flushed it about 10 times. Drove it, cap on.. car off. Cap off! Coolant out. Siphon hose... air out, squeezing upper hose. New water, rinse, repeat. ICK you should have seen all the MUCK! And it fiially started to run just about clear.. i should have done what eljef said and "changed the water every day it sounds like i was getting all the rust out" and i DID use a big Prestone Super Radiator Flush t assist it.. now it has 60/40 coolant/water in it.
thumbsup2.gif
Wow what a dirty system. Flushed, clean, green not muddly brown/red. It wasnt clogged but it was DIRTY, folks!

2) Changed the OIL! it has ONLY 10W-40 hi-mi and a K&N HP-1001 filter. NOTHING ELSE!
laugh.gif

I removed the oil that had the MMO, Mos2 moly, ....... (?) so now its JUST MOROT OIL AND A CLEAN FILER! NOT EVEN ANY MMO! lol
smile.gif

not really sure how fuel diluted or contaminated it was, but now its got fresh 10W-40 and im noticing less fuel smell? hmm. maybe its cleaning up. maybe ill use less gas idk! not sure why...

My old filter all the oil drained out so i couldnt tell if it was clogged. Purolator.

3) FILLED UP with 93 OCTANE GAS! I heare the "LC1" engine i have may have needed it, idk.

so far, so good ?

Sounds good so far! I'd top off with MMO if you burn any oil during the present oil change.

The 93 octane ought to have a few more detergents in it than plain old 87. Maybe add a bottle of fuel system cleaner to boost that a wee bit?

Sounds good! Straight oil and gasoline w/no attitives,right on! How`s she running so far?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Sounds good! Straight oil and gasoline w/no attitives,right on! How`s she running so far?

Pretty darn good! My "pep" seems to be coming back!
smile.gif

It also stopped smoking big PLUMES on start-up! How weird.

Quote:
should have done what eljef said and "changed the water every day it sounds like i was getting all the rust out":!

Quote:
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Yep it took all day... after fifth or sixth time, i was wondering it it was EVER going to get clean. My coolant now looks like a new cars. WOW a lot of stuff in there! i slushed it LLAST WEEK too!
shocked.gif

m yc ar is gluing tself back together? Most strange! But its doing good.
smile.gif

100^ motor oil, 100% gas, no MMO in either.. new to me.. wow.

As to octane.. I have an "LC1" i have 84 Camaro V6 ?

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Maybe add a bottle of fuel system cleaner to boost that a wee bit?

Don't encourage him.
lol.gif
He just ran gallons of MMO through the fuel.

Yeah, SuperFast, no more fuel additives to your car, please.

If anything, replace your fuel filter if you haven't and continue with no-nonsense 3k mile intervals for a few more runs of Hi-Mileage oil and IF you choose, perhaps MMO for the last 500 miles.

Then, move to your oil of choice for 3-4k mile intervals and call it a day.

Good job on the coolant flush done at home.

My .02 cents...

Glad to hear you are off the oil additive train. Try it on just regular oil and gas for a while and see how it does. You may need to use some additives later but use the wait and see attitude.
Happy to hear it's cleaning up!!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Maybe add a bottle of fuel system cleaner to boost that a wee bit?

Don't encourage him.
lol.gif
He just ran gallons of MMO through the fuel.

thumbsup2.gif
lol.gif

Yeaaaah, no more of that lmao
smile.gif
I dumped my l;ast of MMO in my old fill before change.
smile.gif

The ONLY thing thats a LITTLE weird.. I was running the car all day. Cleaned up nice! :_) id say "three hours roadtime" it saw today, at least. Now, n the very very end.. i noticed some type of minpor surging? Im talking 5 minutes before i turned the car off, if that.. I went to the gas station to fill up on fuel, and BOTH statuions (Hess annd another one) had difficulty putting gas in the tank!! I only needed 4 gallons to fill it up, but one only added one gallon.. the other? Twom after auto-clicking off three or four times Weird. So im now 15 out of 16 gallons full.. anout 15 minuteds after tha,t i noticed inor "Surging" or hesitation. Didnt do that all day!

No overheating
no smoke
at all...
Voltage result: 14.19 vots to 14.15 volts, car running. electricals on!
Battery off, out of car: 13.3 Volts!!!

Is this good?

SHOULD I CHANGE MY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR???

very strange.. Oh i observed ~15-16 miles per gallon today. So, im beating te Hummer.. IANNY!!
lol.gif

InInsight?

Perhaps more MMO
laugh.gif

Naaah, jus tto show you, i tried to clean it up now maybe it is working! Three gallons MMO to 12 gallons gasloine?

thumbsup2.gif

Ok, ok. All joking aside. How does the results sound, we cruised a lot, and howare my voltages?
and does "FPR" sound wonky? Wavy gauge, too!! ............

Try holding the fuel filler hose "gansta style" with the handle at 9 o'clock instead of the regular 6 o'clock.

Try holding the fuel filler hose "gansta style" with the handle at 9 o'clock instead of the regular 6 o'clock.

I have this problem on one of my vehicles. The little metal plate that closes at the spout of the tank filler neck is bent and always forces me to manually pump(no auto and walk away).

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

I have this problem on one of my vehicles. The little metal plate that closes at the spout of the tank filler neck is bent and always forces me to manually pump(no auto and walk away).

.. Mine only did it this one time. Hot, 4 hours plus driving, hard at times
smile.gif
.. and it made TWO pumps not want to put the last 4 gallons (12 hot gallons, going up to 16) in. So i added 3.

Thought there was a fuel pressure issue, but it seems the car was just "a little hot." Or the gas itself.....

ill report back if it does it again, might fill up today, not as hot, gas skyrocketing.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back