Update: Fram Ultra Failure Old thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mullick2001
Seriously I dont get why people are bashing this. A filter failed. You know this is the first time it has happened to me. It just so happened to be a critical part on the most exspensive thing I have ever owned. I need this car to last 4 more years okay. I said multiple times jay was great he was nothing but extremely polite and helpful. This only has to do with a company that I believe doesn't check there products for QC issues. I get that they have a state of the art automated QC. But there may be a slip up every once and a while. And I dont really trust a company that wont at least check for te possibility of a qc issue. and seriously a dent less than 1mm stretched the leaf spring enough th cause 2-3mm of play between the filter and its housing that seems a little excessive and you would think they might want to find out why and maybe design a better sping for their TOP OF THE LINE FILTER. Bash all you want I believe I am in the right here.

I am in no way doing this to get anything else from fram. I wont accept it because they held up their end of the bargain and then some on that side. I just wont trust a filter with a spring that is so fragiile and they seem to do nothing to improve upon

I totally agree with you here.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jfking106
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: jfking106
Originally Posted By: Mullick2001

Jesus [censored], man, let it go. You got a bum part, they sent you like 6 new ones. What more do you want? We get it, you don't like Fram. You're not changing anyone else's mind.

What if I didn't like FRAM either? Would you rake me over the coals too?
35.gif

You haven't gone on an OCD multi-page crusade over an oil filter, have you? I'm not brand loyal to anything, but this guy's obsession over a defective part against a company is ridiculous.

i'll give you that it may seem like an obsession. I get it. Think of it like this. The ultra is a 15,000 mile filter. If there is a dent it is so small I cant see it. That tiny "dent" caused this filter to fail in under 5000 miles who knows when maybe mile 1. I inspect my filters before install. I dont scour every inch with a micrometer to detect a dent that size. If I had ran that filter for 15,000 miles what would have happened? Maybe you have enough money to buy your cars flat out. I have 4 years of a 5 year loan left on this car. At this rate it will be at over 200,000 miles by the time my loan is paid off. This is the largest investment I have ever made and am upset that me buying the TOP OF THE LINE filter and oil for my cars actually resulted in more damage. Call me obsessed but put your self in my shoes. I cant afford auto repairs. If that engine had failed my girlfriend would not have been able to get to work until fram paid for the repairs because i dont have the money to pay for it and wait for reimbursement. Imagine how long that could take. Not that they would be slow but they would have to verify so much it could take weeks if not months. I started the original thread because I wanted to know why it failed. Even on the first few pages I almost got jay upset with me because I was so tempted to open it myself. I really didn't care about getting more filters. I just wanted to know what happened. That is the only reason I started the thread. And fram assured me and i'm assuming jay that they would get to the bottom of it. And I am left with this for an answer. Would you be [censored] off a little bit?

Last edited:
Thread locked.

Why? For the same reason the last one was locked; people cannot behave themselves.

Why the name "Fram" illicits such immature behavior from otherwise decent folks is beyond me. Name calling, taunting, etc is not tolerated when it gets this verbose. When the automated word censor needs a breather, perhaps it's a clue for you all to walk away and take a moment to reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back