Update: Fram Ultra Failure Old thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, sorry should have read better, I see you only have the pictures...

It would be nice to know what was actually "wrong" internally and if they did not in-fact cut it open I'm pretty disappointed in that.

Before this goes viral, who's saying they didn't cut it open, Fram or the OP? If the OP what is the basis of this claim?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Before this goes viral, who's saying they didn't cut it open, Fram or the OP? If the OP what is the basis of this claim?

No one knows.

Before this goes viral, who's saying they didn't cut it open, Fram or the OP?

Yeah, that is the "in-fact"...

Maybe they did and just did not send him the pictures?
confused2.gif

I really don't see a dent in the pictures either, but it is hard to tell for sure...

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

No one knows.

If it wasn't Fram, its a claim by the OP based on a picture of a filter that hasn't been tampered with. Does not mean it wasn't opened at some point.

No one knows.

If it wasn't Fram, its a claim by the OP based on a picture of a filter that hasn't been tampered with. Does not mean it wasn't opened at some point.

And sealed it back up? Why would they do that?

Put the krak pipe down.
grin.gif

grin.gif

But, does it look like it was opened? To me, no. So, if they DID open it WHY seal it back? Or, am I missing something?

No engine failure, 6 filters send as a goodwill gesture. Name a company that never had a problem with a mass produced product, or kept certain information in house? Unfortunately in the day of high volume mass production, an occasional defect can slip through the cracks. It sucks, but it happens.

Put the krak pipe down.
grin.gif

grin.gif

But, does it look like it was opened? To me, no. So, if they DID open it WHY seal it back? Or, am I missing something?

They are not and never were pictures of an open filter. They are pictures showing serial numbers and supposed "dents". Thats all they are. There are no open filter pictures. And because there are no open filter pictures, an assumption was made that fram didn't open the filter at any point. And that assumption is going viral. There is no basis for the assumption. None.

Did Purolator provide any pictures of the recent failures they looked at? Uh.. no. Did a Puro rep post on here as well? Uh... no again.

Fram went above and beyond reasonable expectations here and they still get fried.
spankme2.gif

I believe the Fram rep actually posted the leaf spring was damaged due to impact. How on earth they'd know that without opening it I don't know. I can't imagine a filter inspection team at a major filter manufacturer wouldn't even open a returned "defective" filter with a possible claim of some sort pending.

I suppose if we had pics of an opened filter the next accusations would be that Fram dented or damaged it opening it up, ahah another cover up!
crazy.gif

And this is why I've posted several times to open the thing up, videotape yourself as you open it up and show the world your results. Actually, Jay, aka Motorking, did live up to his end of the deal and went further than he had to. And why should he show the public any faults of his filter? That would gain him and his company nothing.
So what do you have now? You've got a couple of replacement filters that you will won't trust because you don't believe what Jay reported back to you. In the end, I'm going to guess that you give these filters away and buy a competitor's brand to use from now on.

If you look really closely,you can in fact see the dent. It goes horizontal across the sure grip,which imo could definitely affect their leafspring design. You can see it best in the first pic.

IMO, members here need glasses. And, IF they do see a dent, they need common sense more than glasses as to think that it will make an oil filter fail! But, opinions are like ________, everyone has one!
1194986474801021798smil.png

The response I got from jay.

Here are the only pictures I can get. They didn’t even bother to cut open the filter as they seem to agree that the dent stressed the leaf and that’s it. If you want to post a few of these, it is fine by me. We have actually made a video in the past about never installing a filter with any kind of dent in as it may leak. Yours was likely damaged in the store by a careless shelf stocker. The dent is really difficult to see until the guy drew a line around it. Sorry for your trouble dude.

Again he was very helpfull. You know I'm just [censored] they didnt open it thats all. Poeple bash all you want. I'm just saying I dont see a dent even a dent that small should not cause the problems I had. End of story. Not trying to bash fram filters in general. I would like to use them. I will not because they didnt even open it to inspect for the possabilty of manufactuer defect. They have great customer service and a good product but there QC department kills it for me.

Seriously I dont get why people are bashing this. A filter failed. You know this is the first time it has happened to me. It just so happened to be a critical part on the most exspensive thing I have ever owned. I need this car to last 4 more years okay. I said multiple times jay was great he was nothing but extremely polite and helpful. This only has to do with a company that I believe doesn't check there products for QC issues. I get that they have a state of the art automated QC. But there may be a slip up every once and a while. And I dont really trust a company that wont at least check for te possibility of a qc issue. and seriously a dent less than 1mm stretched the leaf spring enough th cause 2-3mm of play between the filter and its housing that seems a little excessive and you would think they might want to find out why and maybe design a better sping for their TOP OF THE LINE FILTER. Bash all you want I believe I am in the right here.

I am in no way doing this to get anything else from fram. I wont accept it because they held up their end of the bargain and then some on that side. I just wont trust a filter with a spring that is so fragiile and they seem to do nothing to improve upon

Last edited:
Dude yo have been bashing this since the begging you are making the assumptions and an a** out of yourself in the process just leave this thread alone. Read my last post then gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back