Update: Fram Ultra Failure Old thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so it's been a while. I work only in the summers so I have been very busy. The old thread was locked because apparently you can't have fun on bitog. Seriously don't try it your thread will get locked for posting a few smileys. If you would have actually read the thread you would have known we were waiting for pictures. Enough badmouthing the mod. Okay So I received the filters and stickers and am very happy with them. Jay even went as far as to go out of his way to get me the pictures
smile.gif
. Before I go any further let me say Jay has been wonderful and very helpful. What I am about to say has nothing to do with him. Now you would think the people at fram would actually care about why the filter failed right. Apparently not. THEY NEVER OPENED IT!!!!!!!!!. These are the pictures I received. Jay said the "dent" was hard to see and the person who sent the pics had to circle it. I believe He had to scratch off the suregrip to be able to see the mythical "dent". They said the "dent" was the reason for failure and nothing else was ever done about it. Obviously I would have never sent in the filter If it looked like the pictures here. I remember the suregrip being intact and not seeing a dent. So obviously someone at fram scratched off the suregrip to get an idea of what the dent looked like. I don't see a [censored] thing and am very upset they never opened it. Unless someone can point out to me where this "dent" is and A valid reason as to why they would not open it i may never buy a fram again. It seems to me like they didn't give a [censored] and said oh send him some filters to shut him up. Nice gesture but if you would have told me it would have never been opened I would have told you to keep your [censored] filters and I'll open it to do what your QC department saw as a waste of time. I got great Idea! Let's release a new product that is supposed to be top of the line. When one comes back in because it failed we will just point to a "mythical" dent which we ourselves said was hard to see (aka small) and not even check for QC problems. Seriously Jay thank you for all of your help I really appreciate it. As for fram you have lost a customer from this. I would highly recommend people not buy fram ultra filters with the following manufacturing code. They may have QC problems that fram just doesnt give a sh*t about

Seriously does anyone see a dent?!?!?!? Or just the scratched off suregrip?
DSC08581.jpg
DSC08582.jpg
DSC08585.jpg
DSC08586.jpg
DSC08583.jpg
DSC08584.jpg

I wont be around much because of work. But will be back to reply. Sorry if this came off as me making a mountain out of a mole hole but seriously. I wanted to see what happened not have some fram tech think oh god this guys an idiot It has a dent, toss it aside

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were fram and inspecting my returned defective product I'm not I would be sharing my findings with anyone as to why it failed. I would keep that in house,then be asking the engineers how to correct the issue.
Why would they want to point out a possible defect to the public then then getting the obvious flood of correspondence and press about how a farm failure ruined their engine ruined their engine or that its going to.
I'd write dent too personally,which may or may not be their fault and the buck can be passed and not attributed to them and you and obviously the bitog community that everything is alright and it's nothing to worry about.
Maybe

Originally Posted By: yonyon
It does look like there's a dent.

You have some good eyes. I enlarged the pic several times larger and see NO DENT!
I'm with the OP on this one; no business from me towards FRAM.
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Mullick2001
Okay so it's been a while. I work only in the summers so I have been very busy. The old thread was locked because apparently you can't have fun on bitog. Seriously don't try it your thread will get locked for posting a few smileys. If you would have actually read the thread you would have known we were waiting for pictures. Enough badmouthing the mod. Okay So I received the filters and stickers and am very happy with them. Jay even went as far as to go out of his way to get me the pictures
smile.gif
. Before I go any further let me say Jay has been wonderful and very helpful. What I am about to say has nothing to do with him. Now you would think the people at fram would actually care about why the filter failed right. Apparently not. THEY NEVER OPENED IT!!!!!!!!!. These are the pictures I received. Jay said the "dent" was hard to see and the person who sent the pics had to circle it. I believe He had to scratch off the suregrip to be able to see the mythical "dent". They said the "dent" was the reason for failure and nothing else was ever done about it. Obviously I would have never sent in the filter If it looked like the pictures here. I remember the suregrip being intact and not seeing a dent. So obviously someone at fram scratched off the suregrip to get an idea of what the dent looked like. I don't see a [censored] thing and am very upset they never opened it. Unless someone can point out to me where this "dent" is and A valid reason as to why they would not open it i may never buy a fram again. It seems to me like they didn't give a [censored] and said oh send him some filters to shut him up. Nice gesture but if you would have told me it would have never been opened I would have told you to keep your [censored] filters and I'll open it to do what your QC department saw as a waste of time. I got great Idea! Let's release a new product that is supposed to be top of the line. When one comes back in because it failed we will just point to a "mythical" dent which we ourselves said was hard to see (aka small) and not even check for QC problems. Seriously Jay thank you for all of your help I really appreciate it. As for fram you have lost a customer from this. I would highly recommend people not buy fram ultra filters with the following manufacturing code. They may have QC problems that fram just doesnt give a sh*t about

DSC08581.jpg
DSC08582.jpg
DSC08585.jpg
DSC08586.jpg
DSC08583.jpg
DSC08584.jpg

I wont be around much because of work. But will be back to reply. Sorry if this came off as me making a mountain out of a mole hole but seriously. I wanted to see what happened not have some fram tech think oh god this guys an idiot It has a dent, toss it aside

Jesus [censored], man, let it go. You got a bum part, they sent you like 6 new ones. What more do you want? We get it, you don't like Fram. You're not changing anyone else's mind.

Originally Posted By: jfking106
smile.gif

DSC08581.jpg
DSC08582.jpg
DSC08585.jpg
DSC08586.jpg
DSC08583.jpg
DSC08584.jpg

Jesus [censored], man, let it go. You got a bum part, they sent you like 6 new ones. What more do you want? We get it, you don't like Fram. You're not changing anyone else's mind.

What if I didn't like FRAM either? Would you rake me over the coals too?
35.gif

Well, I certainly expected to see a more visible dent and I would have expected to see the filter cut open so that whatever caused the element to begin rattling around was shown. And perhaps therein lies the reason it wasn't. I can't see how a barely visible (frankly I can't see it in the pics supplied) dent could have caused much of a problem. I'm rather disappointed in this myself.

Obviously I would have never sent in the filter If it looked like the pictures here. I remember the suregrip being intact and not seeing a dent. So obviously someone at fram scratched off the suregrip to get an idea of what the dent looked like. I don't see a [censored] thing and am very upset they never opened it.

They sent you the pictures as proof it was the same filter, and a pic of what they are claiming caused the problem. Not sure I would call it dent, but I do see a small indentation within the marked area. Then you take a giant leap claiming that they didn't open it based on the pictures you received. That's not fair, you can't make that claim. I bet they opened it. But they didn't send you those pictures. They are smart enough to know what would happen if they released all the autopsy pictures. Exactly what you are doing now. Plastered to the internet. Which opens the door to Fram haters spreading rumors in full attack mode. It would seem that there's nothing they can do to please you. But I give them credit for trying.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Obviously I would have never sent in the filter If it looked like the pictures here. I remember the suregrip being intact and not seeing a dent. So obviously someone at fram scratched off the suregrip to get an idea of what the dent looked like. I don't see a [censored] thing and am very upset they never opened it.

They sent you the pictures as proof it was the same filter, and a pic of what they are claiming caused the problem. Not sure I would call it dent, but I do see a small indentation within the marked area. Then you take a giant leap claiming that they didn't open it based on the pictures you received. That's not fair, you can't make that claim. I bet they opened it. But they didn't send you those pictures. They are smart enough to know what would happen if they released all the autopsy pictures. Exactly what you are doing now. Plastered to the internet. Which opens the door to Fram haters spreading rumors in full attack mode. It would seem that there's nothing they can do to please you. But I give them credit for trying.

Somewhere in the OP's prior post that was locked is a reply I made about my whole career working with metals. Long story short, if ANYONE in their rabid mind thinks they see a dent in that filter, and that same rabid mind thinks it caused this filter to fail, THEY should be working on a farm shoveling manure! Because, it's sure getting deep in here!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

What if I didn't like FRAM either? Would you rake me over the coals too?
35.gif

You haven't gone on an OCD multi-page crusade over an oil filter, have you? I'm not brand loyal to anything, but this guy's obsession over a defective part against a company is ridiculous.

Yep, you're right. They did it on purpose. They intentionally put that "defective" filter in exactly the right place, at exactly the right time to destroy his engine! [censored] you, Fram! [censored] you to [censored]!

Yep, you're right. They did it on purpose. They intentionally put that "defective" filter in exactly the right place, at exactly the right time to destroy his engine! [censored] you, Fram! [censored] you to [censored]!

It didn't destroy his engine. He caught it in time.
And, IMO, I don't think it was intentional either. But, I think something else caused the filters insides to rattle around and spin.....maybe a leaf spring left out by accident? We will never know.
BTW, why are you getting so worked up? I love having a calm demeanor around a person that gets all worked up.

It's not really their fault. Evil-Lyn put the guys on the assembly line under a spell. Lucky guys, I guess, but nobody's going to want to admit their factory was infiltrated by the forces of evil like that.

I think FRAM should have been forthcoming and informed the OP that they found the general area where the believe the issue was caused but informed him that due to proprietary issues they could not send detailed information or photos .

This is what gets a LOT of companies in trouble with customers...it is one thing to keep things in house, but when you don't explain it to the general public (which might not understand the reasons why it causes PR problems like it did here.

NOTE TO COMPANIES that deal with retail consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back