Universal Remotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, love a forum success story. As Pete said once you've used it for a while you can go back and do some additional customization. For me that mainly consisted of moving the commands on the screen around so the more frequently used ones were on the first page.

jeff

Walmart had a Philips 5 in 1.....that was on clearance for the holidays for $5 - I previously bought the same remote for $12 - loved it so much, and bought another just in case :p

It has a neat feature to "Learn" keys.....i.e.: in the case of your 1988 electronics....if the remote can't find a proper working code....? If you have the ORIGINAL 1988 remote control, you can "teach"/program the Philips manual from the 1988 remote, by using it's LEARN feature.....kinda fancy really :p

Only thing I did not like, is it did not have a "Code Search", i.e.: universal code to just plug in.....and works....you gotta go through a huge list of codes.....to find what works with what appliances......

But for $5 can't pass it up :p

I'm surprised no one here mentioned JP1 remotes for the real hard-core do-it-yourselfers.

Each room in my house has a URC-8820 remote with totally custom programming.

Our bathroom has a door from the dining room...when we use the remote for the ceiling fan/heater, it often changes the channel on the T.V. or turns it off.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Our bathroom has a door from the dining room...when we use the remote for the ceiling fan/heater, it often changes the channel on the T.V. or turns it off.

... and it's your neighbor's TV.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back