Uniroyal Tiger paw

My Daughter has tiger paws on a 2009 Mazda 5 of hers (who specs ZR rated tires on a minivan?), they are a different tread pattern than the pics but she has had good service from them. No tires last all that long on that car as they are ZR rated tires.

Any thoughts on these tires? I have read mixed reviews on older series but not sure about these.
Lots of Uniroyal tires are simply discontinued older models of Michelin tires. I've had great experience with Uniroyal, and would buy any day without a second thought.

"In 1990, Uniroyal was acquired by French tire maker Michelin and ceased to exist as a separate business. Today around 1,000 workers in the U.S. remain employed by Michelin to make its Uniroyal brand products."

Last edited:
I had read that they lacked a little in wet/snow traction but its always hard to tell from reviews how they were actually driven. Between the Kumho Ecsta for 86$ and these for 92$ at WM currently its enticing money wise to take chance on one or the other. My current Kelly edge are nearing end of life quickly.

I had a set that came new on a 1988 Chevy pickup. I almost got killed on the PA Turnpike because of the severe hydroplaning I experienced in a rainstorm as I was driving. I was going around a curve on the turnpike in the rain, turned the steering wheel gently to follow the curve and the truck GET GOING STRAIGHT! Almost hit a guy passing me before the tires grabbed the road surface. Last set of Uniroyals I ever owned. I got home, immediately went to a tire store and replaced them.

Just loaded a set of 4 on my Forester. They're a good value for a touring tire. Not distinctly loud, and I wanted the snow sipes they put on the shoulders.

Original equipment on our 1996 Buick Century (P195/75R14). Wore like iron, but perpetually out of round and shaking. They were so bad, GM even sent a TSB to dealers about them. Picked the car up from warranty service and noticed a new tire on it. Asked and got the story from the service writer. I was shocked as I thought the dealer/GM position was always "we didn't make the tires, it is your problem".

In the mid to late 80's my uncle owned a full-service Texaco station and up the road about a 1/2 mile a Uniroyal tire store. This was their best-selling tire. I bet I installed 100's of them.
It's now a Goodyear store and the Texaco is a 7-11.

I have not heard that name in years and it brings back memories of the old car tire commercials. I would buy with confidence. I had several S10 Blazers and Jimmy's with the Uniroyal "larado" tires and they were huge and looked awesome on those little SUV's. The tires wore forever. Better get yourself a set of those Tiger Paw's.

A lot of bad reviews, but not dated. Tire manufacturers are constantly changing tire compounds.

Would any of the posters having poor results from the Tiger Paws mind mentioning the general date(s) of their experiences with these tires.

That would go a long way into putting the posts into a useful perspective.

Z

Original equipment on our 1996 Buick Century (P195/75R14). Wore like iron, but perpetually out of round and shaking. They were so bad, GM even sent a TSB to dealers about them. Picked the car up from warranty service and noticed a new tire on it. Asked and got the story from the service writer. I was shocked as I thought the dealer/GM position was always "we didn't make the tires, it is your problem".

This was the special video made to help the long suffering tech try and fix your problem
  1. Balance the tire
  2. Check wheel/tire runout
  3. Check hub runout
  4. Check disc/drum runout
  5. Fabricobble some chassis stiffer because GM couldn't
  6. Install Michelin tires
  7. If all that fails, install the Michelin tires on some alloys 😐
Pure comedy IMO, all because of a poor body structure, and road force balancing that hasn't been invented yet
In my personal experience, I've had particular issues with Goodyear brands that won't balance/won't hold a balance/visible runout
That may be why I don't buy them anymore

Last edited:
Back