Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tires have 5k on them now. So far so good with the new AW3 version. Climbing hills in snow is a must around here. Not pushing it past a few inches, but the tire does ok. No vibration on the highway so far.

From my observations, Michelin outsources the production of Uniroyals to their Chinese subsidiary or an Indonesian firm. Kinda like what they did with Hankook for the Costco-exclusive BFGoodrich Touring T/A Pro Series.

Michelin or BFGs don't have the yellow marking for the low spot to be aligned to a high spot like the valve stem, nor are the marking not molded into "recesses".

I have the older Tiger Paws and they're basically an ok tire, even being rated for 70k. One tire I do really like that has excellent all weather traction is the Cooper CS5.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by CapriRacer
In the US, Michelin also owns the Goodrich brand - and both the Goodrich and Uniroyal brand tires are made in formerly Goodrich and Uniroyal factories - not Michelin factories.

Correct, however, Michelin branded tires are also manufactured in those two factories. The fact that Michelin owns those factories makes them Michelin factories.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Uniroyal tires aren't that good.......Douglas tires (made by Goodyear) are better than Uniroyal. Cooper, Hankook,and Falken also make good tires in that price category.
Even though Uniroyal is owned by Michelin, that doesn't make them good tires.
I've heard that Douglas tires are made on Goodyear equipment.... not that Goodyear actually makes them. What condition the equipment is in, is a good question. I have some used Douglas tires that I'll be driving. Made in the U.S.A. Selling at Wal-Mart isn't a selling point, tho. I've used Cooper tires & Dean(Cooper) tires that seem good (made in America, too). My mechanic says Falken is a good tire. I've had ten Hankook 426 & 431 tires...... the 426's wear very well, the first 20,000miles.... then disappear quickly & gone by 33,000 to 39,000 miles. The Hankook 431's last marginally longer.
Anyhow, I always wanted Tiger Paws..... that GGGRRRIIIPPP the road. Good advertising. Actual Tiger Paw quality..... oh, oh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back