Underbody cleaning and rust proofing

Working on the wife’s 2018 F150. With the aluminum body I don’t fluid film it but I do want to hit the frame rails and such every couple years. When new I hit it with amsoil HDMP. It’s working OK but time for a refresh. Anyways, the frame seems to have this baked on mud splatter. Hasn’t come off in two years of car washes, doesn’t rinse off and doesnt come off with a brush or with mild hand rubbing. Feels smooth not like there is anything stuck on there. Will it be fine to coat over this with HDMP or will it significantly reduce protection? Any suggestions to wash it off? It’s almost like it imbedded in the initial coat two years ago even though it would have been more than enough time to dry before exposure…

Attachments

• 53DF4879-EFED-4CE0-809D-F7F731A8AC8D.jpeg
    53DF4879-EFED-4CE0-809D-F7F731A8AC8D.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 59
Interested to see what is suggested, I have a huge rust hole in the front of the Sedona sub-frame, chipped, dug, vacuumed and then sprayed out with water, next going to spray out with some type evaporating cleaner, wire brush, sand as possible, spray rust reformer. But the 4Runner I have has a similar hurdle any frame may have, how to clean out the inside of the frame, I think mine would be sand as the main issue.

Thanks. I just looked it up. It only comes in spray cans how do you get it deep inside the frame rails?

yes this is a drawback. Haven’t decided what to do. Might hit them with fluid film internally…

Reactions: JC1
Back