Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro UAP-AC-PRO Lot of 3 Access Points For Sale

Decommissioned these from a client in favor of new Aruba Instant On equipment.

I do not like Ubiquiti anymore but I know it's popular stuff for homelabs so I'm giving them a chance here.

All three APs work. One is missing the casing/cover but it doesn't affect the functionality. These units are a little dirty and scratched and the LEDs got kinda dim (super common on these) but they perform fine and even though it's a prior gen product I think Ubiquiti still sells this model on their website for $150 (a ripoff!).

Listing includes 3 APs and 3 ceiling mounting plates as pictured. You will need to use a PoE switch or PoE injector to power them.

$100 for everything includes free shipping to the US. Will not ship international. I accept PayPal.

Or, if you're local to Napa, CA, I would take $90 cash in person if I don't have to ship them.

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple of those APs and can attest to their value. However, I've moved on to ax and be.

I'm curious why you don't like Ubiquiti any more?

I have a couple of those APs and can attest to their value. However, I've moved on to ax and be.

I'm curious why you don't like Ubiquiti any more?

Ubiquiti used to make a small group of generally decent products that offered oodles of features and performance that would cost 5x more from anyone else.

Sure, there were issues. Junk internal flash drives on a certain model of EdgeRouters (although it took 10 minutes to fix them, I think I had 100% failure rate on this) was an example of this. Or hot running first gen USGs that pretty much all died too. But for the price to performance ratio with no subscriptions or licenses that was totally forgivable.

Now they are a mess of a company that makes a billion different things, most of which are flashy but unreliable, with awful support, and every 6 months they pivot into new bizarre directions. Networking gear doesn’t need to be pretty, it needs to be reliable. Who cares if it’s shiny and has a screen if it’s in a rack or under a desk?

Oh and their VoIP phone stuff is awful and overpriced and the subscription model is reminiscent of the very companies they used to disrupt.

Overall, when they were the only affordable game in town for prosumer/small biz networking, certain issues could be forgiven. And I do appreciate them as I think without them we wouldn’t have some of the competing affordable, non-subscription options we have today. But now that there are other options, there is no reason to buy Ubiquiti and a thousand reasons not to. I really don’t know why the Redditors and YouTubers are so obsessed with it. I think it’s because it is shiny!

I’ve had much better luck with Mikrotik for switching and routing. It’s just not cool or shiny.

Last edited:
Ubiquiti used to make a small group of generally decent products that offered oodles of features and performance that would cost 5x more from anyone else.

Sure, there were issues. Junk internal flash drives on a certain model of EdgeRouters (although it took 10 minutes to fix them, I think I had 100% failure rate on this) was an example of this. Or hot running first gen USGs that pretty much all died too. But for the price to performance ratio with no subscriptions or licenses that was totally forgivable.

Now they are a mess of a company that makes a billion different things, most of which are flashy but unreliable, with awful support, and every 6 months they pivot into new bizarre directions. Networking gear doesn’t need to be pretty, it needs to be reliable. Who cares if it’s shiny and has a screen if it’s in a rack or under a desk?

Oh and their VoIP phone stuff is awful and overpriced and the subscription model is reminiscent of the very companies they used to disrupt.

Overall, when they were the only affordable game in town for prosumer/small biz networking, certain issues could be forgiven. And I do appreciate them as I think without them we wouldn’t have some of the competing affordable, non-subscription options we have today. But now that there are other options, there is no reason to buy Ubiquiti and a thousand reasons not to. I really don’t know why the Redditors and YouTubers are so obsessed with it. I think it’s because it is shiny!

I’ve had much better luck with Mikrotik for switching and routing. It’s just not cool or shiny.
Couldn't agree more. I hated how every UniFi controller update, some settings or config option got lost in a "new" view or "classic" view. Nothing ever seemed consistent.

I also have moved exclusively to Aruba Instant ON for APs and home/SOHO switching needs. Excellent devices IMO.

The APs can be solid, good equipment and radios.

GLWS OP.

Back