U.S. Army wants a new gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CZ-75 isn't made in the USA and CZ has a hard time keeping up with production as it is. Other than that the CZ would be perfect IMO.

Originally Posted By: ethangsmith
CZ-75? It's the top choice for other military forces around the world. 9MM, double stack, all steel, proven reliability.

Nope. They are a fine gun but don't offer anything at all over a Beretta 92FS. The mean rounds between stoppages on the Beretta platform is actually unrivaled by any other platform (read, its the most reliable semi auto pistol ever tested, so says the military)

I think they want a new caliber, and something with a polymer frame and adjustable back straps so they can fit the gun to each individual soldier.

But alas, this is all a moot point, because they will run their trials, THEN look at the finances and say that the Beretta will have to do for another 10 years due to budgetary issues, just like they did the last pistol trial and the pistol trial before that.

They have already issued new railed Colt 1911 45ACP's to Force Recon Marines and Special Operations Marines. THESE are the soldiers that are most likely to need a sidearm, and they decided to give them the old standby, already approved 1911 in .45ACP.

Originally Posted By: ethangsmith
I forgot about the whole made in America thing. I keep thinking Beretta=Italy. CZ did just start making a 1911 in the USA.......
CZ doesn't make the 1911, they bought out and now own Dan Wesson who makes the 1911.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back