Tyre Coat 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a boutique product I'd be willing to test. The creator posted a pic of a tire that was treated, driven 135 miles in torrential rain and it held up extremely well.

"Tyre Coat 2.0 is the latest update to our ever popular tyre dressing/ coating. 2.0 is a dedicated formula designed not only to dress but to bond to the rubber on your tyre and last much longer than typical dressings. The new formulation not only performs better by spreading further, delivering a darker glossier finish but is also now solvent free and has a pleasant coconut fragrance. Tyre Coat is not a traditional water based product as such and only utilises the water element as a delivery method for the polymer before it then bonds to the rubber. This means the dressing will not wash away like some others do. The finish is usually fully cured after 10 mins and will never sling, the visual results are fantastic. A much darker tyre which has a slick glossy wet look finish is standard, as an added bonus a wipe over with a microfibre cloth during the cure stage will deliver a satin finish if you prefer. Regardless of which finish you go for in the end, the result is a protected tyre which is water and dust resistant with no stickiness or nasty surprises. In short, a dressing you can rely on every time." ~ Infinity Wax"

Link

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Didn't you buy a gallon of hyper dressing?

Yes. This is for tires. HD is for engine bay.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Hyper Dressing works great on tires.

thumbsup2.gif

I will try it. Thanks

Originally Posted by gofast182
If you're looking for a "boutique" product to test on tires, test this:

https://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-clearcoat.html

Interesting. It's water based which is puzzling but I'm sure there is other chemistry at work. The Infinity Wax Tyre uses some polymer as a carrier. These two products would be good in a test.

I will not buy ANY tire dressings that leave the tires shiny, or as I call it, "oily" looking. I like those that leave a matte finish...

Where do you buy Tyre Coat? I did a search.

Hyper Dressing is $45 for a gallon at Amazon. A lot of stuff to store and a lot of money if unhappy and it's dilutable.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by gofast182
If you're looking for a "boutique" product to test on tires, test this:

https://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-clearcoat.html

Looks like good stuff. But $50.00 for 16 ounces of tire shine? Sheesh!

The link was for a 6oz. bottle for $25. My 6oz. bottle is on track to last me for over a year on two cars with no greasiness, no splatter, and few applications. You can't think of this like regular tire shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back