Two more free oil changes. What’s next?

I have a 2019 f150 3.3 NA Factory MC5w20 syn blend. It has 9000 miles on it. OLM has it being changed every 3000 miles. I’m due a change right now. Sitting at 20%. That’s my personal change marker. This will be the third oil change . Why?? I drive two miles to work . So when the free oil changes stop , how’s going Valvoline advance 5w20 or Castrol edge. I know it’s over kill. I ordered a oil suction pump and oil kit from black stone. Thanks for advice. Wardawg

I have a 2019 f150 3.3 NA Factory MC5w20 syn blend. It has 9000 miles on it. OLM has it being changed every 3000 miles. I’m due a change right now. Sitting at 20%. That’s my personal change marker. This will be the third oil change . Why?? I drive two miles to work . So when the free oil changes stop , how’s going Valvoline advance 5w20 or Castrol edge. I know it’s over kill. I ordered a oil suction pump and oil kit from black stone. Thanks for advice. Wardawg
3000 miles could be the very short trips but more likely it is defaulting to the 12 month time limit. If it's dropping around 2% a week you have your answer.

Absolutely no reason to change at 20% when you are timing out. You are allowed 2 weeks or 500 mi (First occuring) after 0.

Go to Walmart and get whatever API SP / GF-6A 5W-20 is currently on sale the cheapest and Motorcraft FL-500S Filter and change it every 12 months (Assuming I'm correct about the IOLM defaulting to time).

Last edited:
Honestly I would just take it back to the dealer to do it. I was in the same boat as you I have a 19 silverado with 11,000 miles on it because I have a work vehicle and hardly ever drive my own. I was going to do it myself since my free services were over but I found I coundnt do it for the price my dealer does it for. The synthetic blend ford uses for your truck will do you just fine I wouldn’t get hung up on brand as much as I would the spec of the oil

when the VW dealer refused my REAL synthetic in my new at the time 2001 jetta with free changes for 12000 i think i dumped his oil in a clean pan upon getting home + saved for girlfriends malibu + put MY real synthetic 10-30 in it, 200 thou later i traded it still running GREAT + using very little!! 2 mile drives are BRUTAL on oil + your weather a fake 10-30 synthetic should serve you well + NEVER exceed ONE year between!!

Back