TW Seal 'n Shine Topped With TW ICE Spray Wax ?

On a decent finish vehicle I have only applied the TW Seal 'n Shine ... I just purchased the TW ICE Spray Wax which I believe can be applied over the Seal 'n Shine as a top coat ? Will this two pronged approach result in longer lasting protection or just enhance the shine a bit more using both products together ?

You can, but it's hard to say. The base layer is most important so it is good that SNS is that layer. It's possible you may sacrifice some hydrophobic properties of the SNS by adding an additional wax. That was the explanation I received from Griot's on adding to their 3 in 1.

I use the SNS and then apply ICE spray wax to all surfaces after every wash. I don't know whether the spray wax affects the SNS properties but it keeps the car shiny and dirt/water slide off easily.

I asked a similar question in a recent post/thread and received these answers:

Thanks for replies - both are easy enough to apply , so I'll try both and see how the two work together .

While in Florida for the month of April, I washed the car before coming home and applied TW S&S May 5th.
I drove home to ROC the next day and made it home by the 8th.
Yesterday the 19th, I washed the car again and after drying, the paint still felt smoother than I can remember it being with other products.

Last edited:
In addition to my above application, I applied another coat of TW ICE S&S to the top portions, where the sun beats on the car(hood, roof, trunk) along with the front fascia & outside mirrors that collect most bugs. To finish up, I used some of my other stash of QD/WAUD/AIO type products on the remaining panels of the car.

I think that I may just use the TW ICE S&S every 3 months or so as my " NEW specialty product" (especially prior to winter). And then use my other detail products after washing as I've been doing for the last 20 yrs. I don't wax anymore as my shoulders just can't take the abuse(torn rotator cuff) and just gettin' too old for that wax on-wax off motion or even using a buffer.

Last edited:
I use the SNS and then apply ICE spray wax to all surfaces after every wash. I don't know whether the spray wax affects the SNS properties but it keeps the car shiny and dirt/water slide off easily.
*I contacted Turtle Wax and they absolutely recommended using Seal 'N Shine on a clean , clayed surface and then use a top coat of ICE Spray wax as a top coat over the Seal 'N Shine . Both are complementary products and when used in conjunction with one another increase the longevity of the shine and protection . I will also add that I wish the new improved UV protection formulas were so widely available 4 or 5 years ago . While I took good care of my Sonata's paint - there is one area of the raised trunk lid that has bad UV damage and the clear coat is weathered and looks "tired" .

Back