Tutorial for replacing PCV Valve for 2006 Highlander Hybrid

I'm going to be replacing the PCV valve in my Highlander Hybrid and I haven't been able to see a youtube video or instructions on how to do it. I searched through the owners manual and the info wasn't there. I could not find a service manual to download.

FWIW, there are videos on the non-hybrid Highlander PCV valve for that generation engine, but the arrangement under the hood is not the same, so before I just start removing parts I would prefer a how-to video.

Does anyone have any info on that?

I believe it is the air filter housing that lies on top of the engine in the hybrid version, which doesn't appear on top of the engine in the non-hybrid video I saw.

Perhaps it is only that extra housing that has to be removed--and it only makes sense that it should be on the same place on the engine itself, but I get nervous when I disassemble my laptop and I have extra screws lying around, so I just wanted a tutorial of some kind before I start removing items.

Never worked on a HiHy of that vintage - but if it anything like the later HiHy/RXh with the 2GR-FXE/FXS, the biggest difference is the air box, snorkel and resonator is different to accommodate the hybrid inverter above the trans. Once you undo the air box, ductwork and the cowl/wipers, it’s largely the same as a gas-only car - you need to pull the plenum too, a somewhat easier job on the 2GR vs the 3MZ.

Back