Turn Wi-Fi signal into hotspot?

My brother bought a 5th wheel he intends to park permanently in an RV park, he's been there all this summer and has not been happy with data he gets from his cell service (kind of a remote area.) The RV park provides internet through a third party that charges $30 a month. From everything I can gather, it's just a Wi-Fi connection that you pay for a username/password for.

The unknown is how good the service is, and if he gets it, he'll want to set up a hotspot so he can connect more than one device, mostly for his kids. Is a simple Wi-Fi extender the appropriate device for this use case? For example, I have a Wi-Fi extender in my garage that lets multiple users connect to it, that gets its signal from my main router in the house. Or is there a better device out there to accomplish this?

Wonder if he can use the same username & password on more than one device? That’s how most routers work.
I imagine the goal of this third party “internet” company is to suck money out of vacationers (my brother is a local), so I highly doubt they allow more than a couple users per paid account / username, but I don’t know the specifics.

Windows 10 PC's allow you to do a hotspot from your computer.

Flip on the share your connection to other devices. You need to be connected to wireless for this to work.

I imagine the goal of this third party “internet” company is to suck money out of vacationers (my brother is a local), so I highly doubt they allow more than a couple users per paid account / username, but I don’t know the specifics.
It may be that they are a wireless ISP and are using PPPoE as an authentication mechanism to allow you to use their service. Each subscriber in the park would have their own username/password and could of course put that info into a home gateway that they'd pick up from Best Buy or similar and broadcast locally. That's how a lot of the rural services here work.

What your brother need is a bridge / repeater / hotspot kind of device. These days most mid range or better router should be able to do that and the better one has more antenna and would be faster.

It may be that they are a wireless ISP and are using PPPoE as an authentication mechanism to allow you to use their service. Each subscriber in the park would have their own username/password and could of course put that info into a home gateway that they'd pick up from Best Buy or similar and broadcast locally. That's how a lot of the rural services here work.
It could likely be the newer 5G to Wifi or Fiber to the neighborhood then wifi service. Around here we have this "sail internet" service that basically build a fiber to the mobile home park or apartment complex, then give you a hotspot you mount on your window or roof. You can always "share" with your neighbor but the problem becomes: 1. it slow down between you and your neighbor, 2) if one pirate and get caught and got sued then it would be the account owner's legal liability, Hollywood has been bullying casual downloader for decades, 3) there's data cap, so while it may work for 1 family it may be tight, or go over the data cap and start getting expensive.

Im curious as to why he was even thinking he can't use the username and password on all his devices.
How did he come up with the idea that he can't?
Lots of speculation in this thread but this most simple question is unanswered, so how can a proper reply be given?

Either way there is a solution.

That's a good point, I'll have to get the name of the company and research this a bit further. I assume a wireless ISP would provide a modem of some sort so that you can connect to a home gateway via ethernet?

That's a good point, I'll have to get the name of the company and research this a bit further. I assume a wireless ISP would provide a modem of some sort so that you can connect to a home gateway via ethernet?

Yes, that's how they work around here, you get an ethernet hand-off from the wireless antenna they provide you with.

Something like this does the trick well and shares the hotspot. I use at hotels and also our ski home were we borrowed neighbors(ski club) wifi password.

TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router(TL-WR902AC) - Support Multiple Modes, WiFi Router/Hotspot/Bridge/Range Extender/Access Point/Client Modes, Dual Band WiFi, 1 USB 2.0 Port https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RCZQ...abc_BQMDSQT6GKYBHDXJ5X9V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Back