Troubleshooting po200 in my ls1 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking for some guidance in solving this problem as it is a obd2 issue and should be some general info on this even though my swap is specific.

So i finally got on it and went wot, short shifted around 5k rpm. Went to accell in 2nd gear and car went limp, little to no power. Felt like it was down 4 cylinders. Limped it off the highway to find i had a new error code.
po200 injector circuit malfunction

Pulled the battery cable for 5 minute and restarted, everything is back to normal. What would cause it to throw a code.

Setup:
2002 ls1/t6 pullout with pcm
custom integrated harness into bmw e36 chassis
camshaft setup only, everything else is stock
TIA

I would check your wiring. Are you sure were not at fuel cut out?
These are hard to troubleshoot.

What Fuel pump are you running? Make sure all the grounds are hooked up and the coil packs are too.
Make sure NONE of the cables are worn through.

Is this a fresh swap and it happened on a shakedown ?

Before I would go very far I'd want to be sure there were no opens, shorts or grounds in that circuit. Corroded connections and bad grounds would be a concern, too.

On a factory harness the Injectors are powered by 2 fuses, Bank 1 is feed by INJ 1 fuse, Bank 2 is feed by INJ 2 fuse. If you have power loss to one of the bank of injectors it will miss on 4 cylinders & set P0200, A stock vehicle will set a P0300 as well. Tuners usually turn this code "off".

ls1 mike:
i made the wiring myself over a couple months. i was very careful to not damage the harness but being i did this with the motor in the car it is not a complete impossibility that i didn't fudge something up.
I don't know if i was at fuel cut out…how would i check that? all i have now is a obd2 bluetooth scanner with the torque app.
PCM has being mail order tuned for cam as well.

kb2008x:
yes it was a shakedown, second time on the road.
i made sure all all original PCM and injectors/coil grounds tight. I forgot of the top of my head but PCM is separate from the injectors/coil ground as well. Engine has the large ground off the pass side to chassis.
Maybe need another ground?

clinebarger:
not the original harness fuse layout. I made mine like this here http://lt1swap.com/fuseblock_obd2port.html
I don't know if my tuner turned off the p0300 code but i did not ask him too.

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back