Trouble with my Samsung Fridge

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Are GE and Whirlpool the same manufacturer?

Absolutely not!

Whirlpool makes KitchenAid, Kenmore, Jennair.

Our 2.5 yo Samsung fridge just had the compressor replaced - excessive clearance in the piston pin. of course we had no fridge for a month while they messed around. and it has had its ice maker repaired 4X. and this replaced an LG linear compressor piece of garbage that would shut down approx every 4 months thinking that one of the manifold fans had stopped. no more Samsung or LG anything in our house!!!

NO....

Whirlpool is a USA based and owned company, they have no connection with Haier, which is Chinese, or GE (owned by Haier since 2016) and never did.

Last edited:
Thinking about getting this to replace the piece of junk Samsung:

What do you'all think?

UPDATE: Adjusted the front legs to make the front higher (1/4"), no water inside or out so far!

Told ya

Thinking about getting this to replace the piece of junk Samsung:

What do you'all think?

My opinion? It starts with a W instead of a S.

My nine month old Whirlpool refrigerator door is loose and starting to sag. The door is not loaded with heavy stuff either.

It still runs and that's the important part. As for looks, it will be a selling feature when guests come to the house again.

Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
I have same LG as pictured and not a single issue in 2 years. Used to have a GE Profile which was also OK but the auto ice dispenser design was always chunking up. ...GE profile is no longer a US brand it was sold to CHfew years ago.

I have a GE Profile that was leaking before I bought the house. I took out the whole water and ice dispenser tray and disconnect the line. So far it is working ok (16 years). I personally think GE was not as good as Whirlpool back than and still right now. The GE microwave hood I got made in Malaysia was also pre Haier and they were garbage as well (design defect on the touch pad, they want to charge $190 for the replacement when the microwave was only $350, we settle for $90 in the end). I think Haier knows not to [censored] off customers like GE did.

I'd still pick Whirlpool to be safe, but GE is definitely a safer choice than LG or Samsung.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Absolutely not!

Whirlpool makes KitchenAid, Kenmore, Jennair.

and Maytag too?

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Kawiguy454 said:
I'd still pick Whirlpool to be safe, but GE is definitely a safer choice than LG or Samsung.

It's true, and Haier is still using many of the former GE US factories and engineers for the US marketplace which is a good thing and unlike the former parent company at GE,which towards the mid 90s stopped caring about the consumer marketplace for appliances Haier still sees a good business case for consumer appliances so they are doing at least a decent job when it comes to cutting corners and precipitating major fiascoes like LG did a few years ago with their defective scroll compressors on there fridges.

I'd still pick a Whirlpool Group product first, then GE, followed by Bosch.

Back