TriboTex - Part Deux

Not sure why the previous thread was locked. No warnings were given. Nothing. Oh well.

After much research (including reading older threads and watching YouTube videos) I just ordered the small-engine variety and will try it in my 1982 Yamaha 650 Maxim project bike.

It should arrive late next week. I'll put it in, put in a few hundred miles, and report back.
Hopefully I didn't just waste $50, but I've spent more than that in my younger years with nothing to show for it other than a pretty good hangover the next morning.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Let us know. I imagine most of these so called wonder chemicals are going to receive a harsh appraisal on this board.

I'm interested. I'm going to stay with lubegard biotech or archoil but I'm open minded. Some say that today's oil has all it needs. Apparently not because the market for redline oil/amsoil speaks to people wanting better and willing to pay for it. If everything was adequate or good enough we would all be driving Chevrolet but luckily for us some want something else or something better. Would be kinda neat to see a voa on this stuff but I'm not implying someone do any sort.

Been away with work for a while, and life happening.

So I added the recommended amount of TriboTex to my ‘82 Yamaha Maxim and have put 400 miles on it since then.

Nothing truly remarkable to note, but certain improvements. The engine sounds about the same, but a consistent 3-mpg gain thus far. Biggest improvement is in the coasting ability.

No, I did not lose compression, and performance is peppy as always. Letting off the gas though, there is a very noticeable increase in the coasting distance compared to before.

If it truly decreases engine friction, this might be possible. My brother rode it right after I got it and then rode it again last weekend, and he also noted the distance it will coast now compared to before. Very Interesting!

Last edited:
Back