transynd

Status
Not open for further replies.
bp castrol makes a special xmsn fluid for allison trannys good for 50k for severe service and 100k for normal duty. no vii is needed according to their product lit. does any forum member here no whether it is acceptable to use transynd or a generic counterpart in a G M 4l60e that specs a dexron lll? I have put 94k miles on my astro in 3.5 yaers and think the ends would justify the means for my type of driving. much appreciation for the input!
gr_stretch.gif

TranSynd can be used in any application requiring Dexron III. Just be prepared to take a big hit in the wallet: the price is something like $30 per gallon.

I would venture to say that Amsoil Torque-Drive is suddenly a strong contender.MTBF is causing me to consider a tranny rebuild with some minor mods for durability,sonnex valve kit,cooler and a modified converter for the demands of stop and go driving and the constant 1-2,2-3 shift exposure.Dex lll(h) or Dex Vl for that matter are adequate but why bother with Winnie-the-Pooh when you can have The GRIZZLY @ initial fill?

TranSynd is a bunch of over hyped/priced CRAP!!There have been numerous mentions of schafers lube. take a look at add. levels in these syn. based atf's, they don't have any to speak of.. cal.phos. and zinc...specialty oil companies like schafers,swepco have the absolute best tranny fluids out there. they will run circles around any fluid

quote:

Originally posted by madmax420:
take a look at add. levels in these syn. based atf's, they don't have any to speak of.. cal.phos. and zinc...specialty oil companies like schafers,swepco have the absolute best tranny fluids out there. they will run circles around any fluid

rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back