Transmission Oil / Which to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finish learning about engineoils and after a few hours finally decided which oil I'mgoing to get. Now comes for my automatic transmission.
Looking for really good oil for automatic transmission (AT)

Nissan Stanza 1990 (75,xxx miles)
Mazda Protege 1993 (90,xxx miles)

Both cars are used quite a bit. Their pretty much always on the freeway and roads just about every day of the week.

I live in Southern California where the temps never drop to sub-zero degrees nor does it go above 100'f

I'm going to be using M1 or Castro 10w-30 for the engine oil (not sure if it matters)

Any advice owuld be appreciated

Use M-1 in your engine and M-1 Synthetic ATF in your tranny, did that with my Mazda Protege' 216000 miles and sold, Honda Accord V6, 500,000 miles still running.

I've used Supertech ATF in a bunch of vehicles with very good results.

Hi Molakule, how does the Autoglide compare with some of the other synthetic ATFs, like the Mobil 1 or Redline? What's your recommended procedure for draining the old fluid out since pulling the drain plug gives only a partial drain?

Once the warranty on my Subaru's transmission rebuild is up next winter, I'll be switching it to a full synthetic ATF in place of the tranny shop's fluid. I'll add the Autoglide to the short list of candidates
smile.gif

quote:

Hi Molakule, how does the Autoglide compare with some of the other synthetic ATFs, like the Mobil 1 or Redline? What's your recommended procedure for draining the old fluid out since pulling the drain plug gives only a partial drain?

I recommend just doing a series of drain and refills by draining from the tranny plug. This gives you a slow clean and replenishes additives.

Our AutiGlide is optimized for your particular tranny with the correct friction modifier package and slightly higher levels of AW additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back