Transmission fluid for VW Tiguan 2.0TSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, I need some input here.
Soon I will change transmission fluid in both BMW X5 35d and VW Tiguan 2.0TSI.
BMW is simple. ZF has its own full synthetic ZF6 lifeguard fluid that goes in transmission that BMW has (ZF) and that is it.
VW Tiguan on other hand has Aisin made 6 speed transmission. I saw that Aisin has its own fluid (regular ATF) and VW sells its brand fluid. However, I am of thinking that full synthetic fluid should do better. For example Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc fluid meets VW spec.
I assume that this 6 speed Aisin is used in other cars (Toyota etc>).
So, did anyone used full syn. fluid in these transmissions, what kind and what are experiences?
Anyone has any other recommendation?

BG synthetic ATF was what we used in those transmissions. It's what we used in everything but the ZF boxes due to explicit instructions from VW.

But if you ask BG, it is suitable for the ZF 6hp. I'm using Dex VI in my ZF 6hp with no issues.

Originally Posted By: Tech819
Use Ravenol. How much is the dealer charging per quart?

Price is not issue, and not big fan of Ravenol. As far as I saw it, Ravenol sells only semi-synthetic.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
BG synthetic ATF was what we used in those transmissions. It's what we used in everything but the ZF boxes due to explicit instructions from VW.

But if you ask BG, it is suitable for the ZF 6hp. I'm using Dex VI in my ZF 6hp with no issues.

The reason why I am using ZF6 in BMW is that I am nto doing flush, so do not want to mix.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

The reason why I am using ZF6 in BMW is that I am nto doing flush, so do not want to mix.

This is a solid line of thinking. The only reason I did a full flush on my ZF is BECAUSE I wanted to switch.

For the Tiguan, I would use BG or Lubegard full synthetic ATF. They're stellar universal fluids. Maxlife or any other fluid meeting the relevant Toyota spec would also be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back