Traded in the Renegade

Got a grand shy of what I paid for it new back in 2019. After 3 PTUs and other warranty issues (not to mention the issues I had with the KL Cherokee), decided it was time to switch for a more traditional Jeep! 3.6 and ZF 8 speed. 2018 with 56k miles, all oil changes done at the dealer between 3-5k! I am loving it.

A6mi13O.jpg

G3Iqlt0.jpg

oLDUHCv.jpg

JMJH0nt.jpg

VWZ3PYW.jpg

9jYGMVs.jpg

BUUrmhu.jpg

I watched a south main auto video recently on I think a 2017 Jeep Renegade. It had a bad plastic a/c refrigerant line, which I guess is common on these. It's crazy the amount of fragile plastic fasteners and fragile plastic in general that comprises the bulk of the outer body on these vehicles. I don't know much about them, but It's hard to say what's good about them.

This vehicle actually made me feel marginally good about my Nissans and Ram 1500.

You hate to drop down a model year going from the 2019 Renegade to a 2018, but that Wrangler is a better vehicle. Good time to get out of the Renegade.

Last edited:
Beautiful Wrangler. I would have done the exact same thing. That interior is very nice too.

Just this week I received a letter and called the Hyundai dealership about it. They're offering me $33k for my Ioniq. I paid $31. Not contingent on me buying a car from them.

I think it's a combination of factors.
-Fuel costs
-Ioniq being discontinued

Nice Jeep, though it’s an expensive vehicle to run when gas is so $$$. Does it have records to show that it won’t have issues?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! The Renegades are cool and have a place, but they are more Fiat than they are Jeep!
Nice but…40K‘ish used...20ish mpg average…gas @ $5 gal and rising…hard pass at this time!
Actually, I'm only getting 3 less MPG than I did with the Rene (27 vs 24) and the Wrangler is good on 87, Rene took 91 since it had the turbo. Works out to be about a wash.

Thanks everyone! The Renegades are cool and have a place, but they are more Fiat than they are Jeep!

Actually, I'm only getting 3 less MPG than I did with the Rene (27 vs 24) and the Wrangler is good on 87, Rene took 91 since it had the turbo. Works out to be about a wash.

Congrats! Nice looking Jeep! What you might lose in gas mileage you gain in longevity. That 3.6 is easily a 300k+ mile engine with basic care.

What kind of driving do you do? I’m lucky to get mid-teens out of my 3.6L Grand Cherokee. It’ll do about 22 mpg on the highway alone at 65-70.

I’ll give the fiat folks this, their lean-in on the interior quality and exterior detail is fabulous. The minor influences on the grill and lighting treatment are better than aftermarket could swing 3 years ago, and the tan on black nails it. The Rams have benefitted there too.

Don't look like its got 56k to me, drivers seat even looks brand new. She's real clean and looks well taken care for. Enjoy the purchase.

Did the dealer give you a CPO extended warranty or no. A lot do.

Congrats! Nice looking Jeep! What you might lose in gas mileage you gain in longevity. That 3.6 is easily a 300k+ mile engine with basic care.
That's what I'm excited about! What oil do you run in yours?
What kind of driving do you do? I’m lucky to get mid-teens out of my 3.6L Grand Cherokee. It’ll do about 22 mpg on the highway alone at 65-70.
80% highway (mix of 4 lane 70MPH and 2 lane 55 MPH) and then 20% city with idling.
Don't look like its got 56k to me, drivers seat even looks brand new. She's real clean and looks well taken care for. Enjoy the purchase.

Did the dealer give you a CPO extended warranty or no. A lot do.
Thank you! They gave me a 10 yr 150k powertrain warranty, not sure of the terms.

Back