Tractor supply destroyed their once good bar & chain oil. Now what?

Just mix in a little STP, or that crap Lucas Oil sells they put into that machine, with the gears attached to that crank. I think they call it "Oil Stabilizer", or some such.

Last edited:
Do this:

So I tried the "Cam2" brand bar and chain oil from rural king. It is $8.99 per gal which is the cheapest I can find in 2023. I stocked up on some. It is not thick but also no like water either. Im ok with it, not impressed however. Something happened over covid which caused all brands the thin out their formula. Not happy with this change.

This is the only one left and I cannot find it anywhere:

Xtreme_Product_BarandChainLubricants_FINAL-1.png

Last time I was in Menards I picked up a couple of gallons of Poulan Pro bar and chain oil for $9 each.

you tried ryobi bar and chain oil?
Direct tools had it for 6$ on tues.

How about echo brand bar oil its under 15$ at home depot.

I saw a youtube'r called mustie1 who uses bar and chain oil plus with a couple of wax toilet rings melted into it to thicken and aid in adhesion. He sprays it on with a fluid film gun and claims it lasts several years.

I did that too, it works for undercoating quite well. But what he doesnt tell you is you need to have an outdoor stove and keep it hot and stirred. Was a miserable experiance to work with in the cold temps.

I saw a youtube'r called mustie1 who uses bar and chain oil plus with a couple of wax toilet rings melted into it to thicken and aid in adhesion. He sprays it on with a fluid film gun and claims it lasts several years.
I like Mustie1 too but a local garage sprays my cars with fluid film for $100 each. They've been doing it for years and have a good reputation.

There's no way that I'm jacking up my cars and crawling under them to spray stuff that will drip back and make a mess of me and my driveway to save 80 bucks.

I like Mustie1 too but a local garage sprays my cars with fluid film for $100 each. They've been doing it for years and have a good reputation.

There's no way that I'm jacking up my cars and crawling under them to spray stuff that will drip back and make a mess of me and my driveway to save 80 bucks.
That seems like a great deal.

All I know is that I'm really, really glad not to have to worry about all that here on the left coast where rust is just something we hear about online.

Back