Toyota Super Long Life Coolant Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
....I don't believe the type of coolant is to blame for anything....

I agree with you, but lots of internet lore/myth in this thread IMO. Not much science.

Got one guy in tundra link says he's a tech and changed his tundra to "green coolant". One must conclude green to be original/convention green which has silicates in it which no Asian manufacturer recommends in/for AF. Scratched his 'opinion'. He won't/doesn't even use Toyota LL Red.
crazy2.gif

In rav thread, 'one opinion' with a vague implication of some correlation to pink SLL and the water pump. The same poster that commented in this thread.

And I realize that service managers are never wrong
654585_1.gif
but LL Red recommended service interval is 2years/30k miles. Any Toyota owners manual that originally spec'd the shorter interval Red LL will confirm that. SLL pink on subsequent d&f is 5yr/50k miles.

It is true that LL being a concentrate can be used to increase the AF concentration beyond 50%, if needed. That's true of any concentrate, and as shown in the link below there are other full strength extended service interval options, beyond the shorter interval Red LL. Greater than 50% not much of an issue though in the States.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ifr#Post4040750

All that said, should use what you want. I just don't see anything beyond internet prattle showing proof of any issues with pink SLL.

I had an 09 Camry 4cyl that I traded at 240K miles and my wife's 06 Highlander 4cyl currently has 225K miles.

My cooling system maintenance for both was/is drain and refill only with Toyota Super Long Life Coolant every 50K.

Replaced water pump on Camry at 120K for noisy bearing but no other cooling system issues for either vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back