Toyota PU - More Proof Indestructible

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Top Gear crew was right! http://topgear.wikia.com/wiki/Toyota_Hilux
https://jalopnik.com/nurse-who-cooked-his-truck-to-help-california-wildfire-1830408627
One of the doors won't open, it was heated so bad. The owner (nurse) said it was "welded shut" on CNN, but I think it was warped or some melted plastic parts are jamming it(??).
[Linked Image]

That nurse is alive because of luck, not because who made the truck. If the tires popped due to heat, it would've been a game over. Of course, turning a tragic event into a PR and marketing opportunity is also a way of showing just how much Toyota "cares".

Last edited:
After Toyota calling me about my experience with the Highlander they certainly do care and it's the reason I would consider Toyota again when in search of a new vehicle.

Last edited:
Yep.

Its not like this Toyota was the Dodge truck in the movie Twister.

Luckily he had aftermarket tires that were more durable than the factory tires.

This is why I drive a Tacoma, they're just tough and reliable as nails. I even have an old 1980 PU 4WD project I'm working on for an off roader! Has the legendary 22R 4 cylinder engine and old enough to have solid front and rear axles. It's going to be a lot of fun when it's done!

Originally Posted by StevieC
After Toyota calling me about my experience with the Highlander they certainly do care and it's the reason I would consider Toyota again when in search of a new vehicle.

They care do keep selling their cars, keep customer coming back to them and gaining new ones, that's not the type of care I was referring to.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
That nurse is alive because of luck, not because who made the truck. If the tires popped due to heat, it would've been a game over. Of course, turning a tragic event into a PR and marketing opportunity is also a way of showing just how much Toyota "cares".

If the tires popped in a situation like that, you just keep on driving. It's not like a flat tire is going to completely immobilize a 400hp truck that easily! Lol

I saw this image/story a day or two ago and said to myself, "Toyota will give him (or her) a new truck for this" !

She did a good thing. That is for sure, but like I posted in the other thread...
9/11 Silverado

So relax, Toyota isn't the only vehicle that can do something like this.

As I recall he got a new truck as well, this truck is stored at dealership in NJ.

PR is tricky in an instance such as this. You have to balance or the back lash can be bad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC

They care do keep selling their cars, keep customer coming back to them and gaining new ones, that's not the type of care I was referring to.

But it's still a good thing that they care about their reputation because they see the bigger picture. It's a business after all so why shouldn't they benefit from the PR of doing something like this. They didn't have to do anything after all.

Last edited:

Better than a zero sum game most play.

What care do you require?

I'm sure every car company on earth will give a new one to people doing this, even if the truck didn't survive. Salute to him and the rest of the medical staff.

Around here 20 year old Taco is the vehicle of choice for trade's people, except those who like to flash, they get the shiny new V8.

They need to give another one to the bulldozer operator - yet another true hero. Interesting how the society assigns more value on celebs than a 'regular' person.
Like we had comparisons of Oprah's compensation and that one pilot who safely landed the plane full of passengers on the Hudson.

Yes, and the social media impact is also revealing: top-heavy traditional news organizations are largely meticulously edited fake news propagation channels.
Nextdoor.com has more value nowadays

If my vehicle had pulled me and family through something like that, i'd be celebrating it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back