Toyota parts vs aftermarket

I’ve checked with Napa numerous times over the years and they are always higher priced. If I don’t buy online, I go to O’Riellys.
I have a feeling aftermarket part quality is all the same these days and the same supplier for the green/orange/red stores also supplies Napa with some exceptions(Napa does carry Delphi fuel pumps, sensors and doesn’t have the same relationship with BWD/Standard as AZ/OR/AA). There’s consolidation in auto parts as well. Go with the one with the least PITA return policy.

For this I would probably just use OEM and be done with it. If you have to do the job one more time you are going to lose your time and the alignment cost again. Unless this is your beater and you don't really care then aftermarket.

Moog has turned to junk these days .....used to use moog exclusively on customer cars not anymore

When someone asks me what brand other than OEM my response is ....where do you want to warranty these parts at when they fail early and a warranty means nothing when you have to R&R it no matter

Genuine Yota parts on this one

555 is the same price as OE. construction and paint job is not the same

buy the OE and your wheels won’t fall off for a while

I used them(sway bar links and lower ball joints on an older Lexus). They fit and work fine but made differently than OE Toyota.
Right, but I think that is because either Toyota has changed suppliers or they have multiple ones. The original ones on my car were identical to the replacement Sankei 555 that I bought the first couple of times but later on the Toyota OEM ones I bought were quite different. They were black painted whereas the 555 parts have never been painted that I’ve seen. The Sankei parts didn’t even have the Toyota logo on them unlike most Aisin parts.

My experience at least, over 460,000 miles and 23 years. But who knows.

Back