Toyota Corolla TS tranny oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best manual transmission oil for the Toyota Corolla TS 1.8 VVTL-i?

Last edited:
I stuck with the Toyota WS in my '11. I exchanged the fluid at 10,000 miles, accompanied with a new WIX transmission filter. I am still under warranty and chose to stick with the Toyota, which lists for $8.99, but I got for $6.89 by the dealer mistake. I'm thinking of going with Amsoil ATL which is their low viscosity ATF, however, I believe I read somewhere on a UOA that the Amsoil shown higher wear numbers in this tranmission. Please don't take this with 100% certainty, as I'm still tryingto locate that UOA.

EDIT: And nevermind, I now see that you are asking about the manual tranny. I got too BITOG excited. As Bill said, I too, have had good success with Amsoil GL-4 in the past in another application.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This tranny has a specific problem. It's very hard to shift when oil and tranny are cold but after 10 km of driving shifting is much easier but not perfect. If I rev it to 8300 2-3 times then it's smooth as silk.

So I need gear oil 75 90 which would be thin enough when's cold.
Corolla Sedan XRS and Celica GTS have same kind of transmission.

I heard about that Amsoil, I read that Amsoil is the best oil in the world but I don't know how I can get it here (Montenegro).

Originally Posted By: BIMMA
This tranny has a specific problem. It's very hard to shift when oil and tranny are cold but after 10 km of driving shifting is much easier but not perfect. If I rev it to 8300 2-3 times then it's smooth as silk.

So I need gear oil 75 90 which would be thin enough when's cold.
Corolla Sedan XRS and Celica GTS have same kind of transmission.

I heard about that Amsoil, I read that Amsoil is the best oil in the world but I don't know how I can get it here (Montenegro).

Just Email Pablo.

I think it takes 2.5-3 qts
2 quarts Synchromesh, 1 quart Red Line MT-90

Synchromesh has good cold weather performance and Mt-90 for high load and high heat protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back