Toyo Proxes A/S review?

Our trusty TSX is running 7 year old Bridgestones with 56K; plenty of tread. They ride hard.
Local Wheel Works (Firestone) has Toyo Proxes for $133...

Any thoughts? I might wait for Costco to have a sale on Michelin Pilot A/S...
Thanks in advance!

I had Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3's installed on a 2013 GTI and wasn't impressed by them. Of course the Michelins you're looking at are different. But it made me realize Michelin tires can be overrated and not necessarily the best. I'd be more interested to read your review of the Toyo's if you choose those.

I had Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3's installed on a 2013 GTI and wasn't impressed by them. Of course the Michelins you're looking at are different. But it made me realize Michelin tires can be overrated and not necessarily the best. I'd be more interested to read your review of the Toyo's if you choose those.
In which way they were bad? I have on Tiguan Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ and it is excellent tire!

My experience with Toyo tires hasn't been great. Good thing is they aren't expensive, but the ones I had were very noisy after 20k to 25k miles.

Bridgestone has the Turanza Quiettrack that seems to be a good tire. Its going to be my next set.

In which way they were bad? I have on Tiguan Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ and it is excellent tire!

They were harsh riding in a weird way. It felt like the tread area was stiff but the sidewalls were a little soft. The tires didn't have crisp steering response to match the ride harshness. They did have better than average very cold temp traction on clear dry roads.
It seemed the A/S3 was revised to the A/S3+ version quicker than Michelin typically updates a tirel for some reason.

They were harsh riding in a weird way. It felt like the tread area was stiff but the sidewalls were a little soft. The tires didn't have crisp steering response to match the ride harshness. They did have better than average very cold temp traction on clear dry roads.
It seemed the A/S3 was revised to the A/S3+ version quicker than Michelin typically updates a tirel for some reason.
Could be. I know for first version complaint was that it is too summer oriented.
Idk how is winter performance as I have snow tires, but other than that, they are excellent.

I ran over to Wheel Works after the 49er game; they have discouraged me on the Proxes. I may opt for the Continental Extreme Contact tires; about $1000 all in.
Not sure what to do, as I will probably give the TSX to a friend or family next year. What's a poor boy to do?

The AS3 is an older tire, but I have been very impressed with the AS4.

I don't know much about the Toyo Proxes AS, but I just got the Celsius II installed on my car a few weeks ago. So far, so good, no problems, but it's still too early to say anything good or bad about them.

I Bought a set for the TSX from discounttiredirect.com, $133 each with a $100 off instant rebate. I don't drive the car much, so far they are smooth. For the price I am not complaining.
215 /50 R17 95W XL BSW
TOY PROXES SPORT A/S
Item# 000000000000088997
27542a08-0cf4-4f61-a09a-858473f99ff2.jpg
Unit PriceOrder QuantityLine Item Price
$133.09 /eaQty: 4Price: $532.36

Discount
DiscountCostQTYPrice
$110 off per select Toyo set$27.504$110.00
Sub-Total: $110.00
Sub-Total: $422.36

INVOICE SUMMARY
Order Sub-Total: $422.36
Shipping Charges: $0.00
Header Promotion Total: $21.12
Taxes: $30.59
Total: $431.83
proxy
Order Rebate
CONNECT WITH US​
Discount Tire Direct — Let's Get You Taken Care Of Discount Tire Direct — Let's Get You Taken Care Of Discount Tire Direct — Let's Get You Taken Care Of Discount Tire Direct — Let's Get You Taken Care Of
PRIVACY POLICY | EMAIL PREFERENCES | UNSUBSCRIBE​
© 2023 Discount Tire Direct
24350 N. 20th DR, Bldg C, Suite 134
Phoenix, AZ 85085 USA​
Discount Tire Direct — Let's Get You Taken Care Of

I had proxes CF2 SUV 215/70/16 H100 on my RAV4.
Compared to tranpath A14 (M&S rated), the steering was a little vague in the straight ahead position.
Wet performance was excellent but not much traction in the snow.
Similar noise & mileage and mpg

Back