Toshiba HIR Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! My car has headlights!!!!
crazy2.gif
I never noticed before. I never even knew why I would arrive at work on dark mornings with a headache. $55 is peanut change for the relief.

They are aimed well like the stock units, seemingly good cutoff on the left, extra nice right side illumination on the dark stretches. I did even think about turning the high beams on.

Why didn't these come in the car stock? (they didn't make HIR's 1996!!
LOL.gif
)

See Dan. If you can find a size to fit your car (not sure what other sizes are made) for a TRUE plug and play upgrade these are GREAT. I can only imagine these with a step up in wattage (if made) and some 10 gauge direct relayed wiring...not that it is necessary.

Highly recommended.

Good to hear Pablo, I wonder why they make the non-standard fit, is this due to some restrictions?

I purchased mine from that ebay seller's business website, but I am a bit skeptical. He claims they are genuine Toshiba HIRs, yet the bulb has no such identification; should there be? The cardboard boxes they came in were stamped "TOSHIBA HIR", but that could've been done in someone's garage.

Anyone have any insight? In the seller's defense, the Honda forums I frequent have threads regarding this seller and they say the bulbs work just fine. What I'm concerned about is the longevity of possible generic HIRs.

I just installed HIRs (purchased from Stern) in my 2004 Accord low beams tonight, and they are great. The lights were OK before, but they are much better now, and, as far as I can tell so far, they don't create any problem glare for oncoming cars. The cutoff seems as sharp as before, but with much more light below the line.

On the drivers side the bulb fit with no problems (after I did the cut on the tabs), but on the passenger side I had to loosen the screws on the mount to get it in.

Reading all posts today about Toshiba HIRs went out to local John Deer dealer bought a set. Very easy to modify and install. After trying out this evening first time i dont think they are that much better than stock bulbs somewhat brighter maybe high beams work better. Probably could have found a better place to spend $54.00 oh well. This is on an 01 GMC Sierra.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Aldaris
i wish they'd make them for H4 enclosures.

They do. I haven't tried them though. Click below for ones that just came out. Have to warn you they're pricey.

H-4 HIR bulbs

Originally Posted By: h8snow
Reading all posts today about Toshiba HIRs went out to local John Deer dealer bought a set. Very easy to modify and install. After trying out this evening first time i dont think they are that much better than stock bulbs somewhat brighter maybe high beams work better. Probably could have found a better place to spend $54.00 oh well. This is on an 01 GMC Sierra.

I'm no lighting expert but other than maybe your lighting was fine before, my only guess is that you are some how voltage/current limited, the reflectors are hazed, lenses not optically clean. All I can say - is that even now the bulbs are still brighter. It is not an illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back