Torn ball joint boots, tie rod boots, stabilizer link boots, but no noises or vibrations, should I care?

Thanks. I don't know what kind of Volvo you have, but I think the V40 of that era was built on the same platform as the Mazda3 and also maybe the Ford Focus. So they share and/or have a lot of similar parts.
I have a 2006 S40; the platform is shared with the Mazda 3 and the Euro Mk2 Focus. The V50, C30, and C70 are related Volvos (wagon, coupe, and convertible)

Some of the suspension parts interchange, but I think the ball joints on the LCA are a bit different.

I was speaking to someone with a newer Mazda CX something that had the water pump go out and dealer quoted $7,000. Sounds like a BMW
If that was a CX-9 with the Ford 3.7, I could see it - the water pump is internal and is driven by the timing chain. If the water pump fails, it can leak coolant into the oil, which can?quickly take out the engine.

If it's a SkyActiv engine, I'd be appalled (unless the engine was run without coolant as a result of the WP failure).

If that was a CX-9 with the Ford 3.7, I could see it - the water pump is internal and is driven by the timing chain. If the water pump fails, it can leak coolant into the oil, which can?quickly take out the engine.

If it's a SkyActiv engine, I'd be appalled (unless the engine was run without coolant as a result of the WP failure).
Could have been the CX-9. Did say the engine had to be removed to fix it but didn’t mention a full replacement. Listening to someone who isn’t a car person describing a complex problem isn’t easy.

Back