TOOLCRAFT BCG Nickel Boron

I am guessing the PSA shipping issue is a newer thing? I have seen other people mention that. I used to do a lot of business w/them years back (I had a firearms side business back that long ago) and don't ever recall issues - and I was placing orders multiple times a month. I haven't ordered anything w/them in at least five years or longer, though.
As I stated above, my order from PSA shipped the same day.......but yes from 2011 until recently they were indeed terrible on shipping times on most everything, not just assembled uppers.

Yes PSA prices have gone up.

As for sales tax, if your state has sales tax, you use the item in your state, and they do over some minimum in your state then legally must collect sales tax.

I have ordered quite a bit from PSA and have not experienced the shipping issues others have described here. In fact, I ordered a large lot of Norma .22LR ammo and received it in two days, with free shipping last month. I do agree their prices are not as tempting as they used to be.

Two asides since there are some AR fans here.

1) I saw an ad on the regional forum for a low-round count Anderson NiB BCG for a great price in Gresham, OR. By coincidence I was staying in a hotel in Gresham, OR this weekend so how convenient:
74771306-F422-459E-8762-913A1CC84EB0.jpeg

2) No, I don’t travel routinely with a trunkload of guns, but we were there for a service rifle shoot and I wanted to take some to practice with, and then shoot the garand long-range if I had the chance (I did not).

3) A trainer/coach with the Army Marksmanship Unit did a little impromptu clinic on AR maintenance after Day 1 of instruction. Some real interesting tidbits and I’l make a clean post about them later today.

As an additional aside, we got some amazing training, and lots of it. The shooter is my step-son, the Oregon Service Rifle Team member next to him coaching is the current (2021 Camp Perry) individual service rifle civilian shooter, Nathan Hale Trophy winner.
24450F88-05DE-4A95-B420-BC632AEFCCE7.jpeg

This is about as good as it gets if you need, or want to upgrade your BCG.

TOOLCRAFT NON-LOGOED PREMIUM 5.56 NICKEL BORON BCG WITH CARPENTER 158 BOLT, $99.99

TOOLCRAFT LOGO'D CARPENTER 158 NITRIDE FULL-AUTO BOLT CARRIER GROUP (79) $69.99

The two arrived today. Very well made and burr free. Surprising. Never had a bolt arrive that didn't need polishing. Thanks.

Another good deal on bolt carrier groups, if anyone is interested.

Are these NiB BCGs USA made for that price?

Any downside to selling back and forth between BCGs? I assume you don’t want to swap one between multiple rifles if you really care about everything working together… I know lots of M1 and other GInrigles get built from mixed parts, but not sure it’s truly a best practice. I get it that they’re all theoretically made and dimensioned to NATO/MIL spec.

Are these NiB BCGs USA made for that price?

Any downside to selling back and forth between BCGs? I assume you don’t want to swap one between multiple rifles if you really care about everything working together… I know lots of M1 and other GInrigles get built from mixed parts, but not sure it’s truly a best practice. I get it that they’re all theoretically made and dimensioned to NATO/MIL spec.
I've been switching BCG between rifles for years. There is no problem with this.

There’s no scenario where the BCG wears into the upper or vice-versa?

Buying one vs two is the possible outcome :)
I suppose eventually even the perfect fit will wear but allow me to ask: How many rounds do you shoot per year?

I doubt even the competition shooter would have a problem.

PS I do run my ARs slightly wet because sand and grit at ranges here is not a big problem.

I suppose eventually even the perfect fit will wear but allow me to ask: How many rounds do you shoot per year?

I doubt even the competition shooter would have a problem.

PS I do run my ARs slightly wet because sand and grit at ranges here is not a big problem.
It’s more the benefit of the one “wearing into” the other. So essentially it’s a matter of if that happens, then buy two so each gets the wear pattern of its parent rifle.

I’ve shot 1000+ rounds a year while they were still cheap. I’ve shot less in the last couple years but still at least a few hundred. My interest is in the fact that I’ll be shooting these rifles for hopefully the next 40 years or more if I’m lucky…

And more kit is just fun :)

I also run wet. My primary range is outdoors, and sandy, but very clean at the shooting area and I’m not concerned about grit. Just like the idea of a smooth running, easy to clean BCG, and spare parts for a good price before inflation or anything else catches up to these.

The best thing for any BCG after a days worth of shooting, is to disassemble it, and let it sit in a coffee can full of clean kerosene, while you clean everything else.

It’s more the benefit of the one “wearing into” the other. So essentially it’s a matter of if that happens, then buy two so each gets the wear pattern of its parent rifle.

I’ve shot 1000+ rounds a year while they were still cheap. I’ve shot less in the last couple years but still at least a few hundred. My interest is in the fact that I’ll be shooting these rifles for hopefully the next 40 years or more if I’m lucky…

And more kit is just fun :)

I also run wet. My primary range is outdoors, and sandy, but very clean at the shooting area and I’m not concerned about grit. Just like the idea of a smooth running, easy to clean BCG, and spare parts for a good price before inflation or anything else catches up to these.
You will have no problems in this regard.

Back