Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow i'm up to 30qts. I couldn't imagine having more. My lineup consist of
4qts of Castrol Syntec 10w-30 $3.99
8 10w-30 6 5w-20 Havoline $1.08
8 5w-30 5w-30 Mobile Drive Clean $1.14
4 5w-30 Exxon Mobile $1.14
4 of supertech 10w-30/castrol 20w-50 mix

And I just saw M1 for 3.99/qt. This board is bad for hoarding oil but in the long run we're saving some bucks evens out in my book. Eric

quote:

frown.gif
I'm now up to 26 quarts..

Now Al, you're looking at this all wrong.

Like you, I'm just a spring chicken at the tender age of 29. And I estimate that in those 29 years, I've changed about 1,740 quarts of oil...ave 4 oils changes/yr with 3 vehicles @ 5 qt.s each...give or take a kid, car, wife, quart or two.

So if I were you, I'd run, not walk, RUN to the nearest Kmart. Well, maybe at our age, drive. They've got an unadvertised special right now on Exxon Superflo for $1/qt. And with their age 29 senior citizen's discount, the $2.40/case coupon, that only works out to ...heck Al, at that price you can safely double your inventory and probably still be completely out of oil by your 31st birthday!

rolleyes.gif

I think I'm down to 12 or so quarts. I don't know how long I'll be keeping my current car and what oil my future car wold use. So, I'll just buy what I need unless I catch a great deal somewhere.

quote:

I think I'm down to 12 or so quarts

freak2.gif
freak2.gif
freak2.gif

If I got to that level (thats like almost less than a case...) , I'd need to get some help!

I get real ill feeling when less than 50 quarts...

... Must buy oil, Must buy oil...
gr_eek2.gif

(You know your sick when the first thing you look at in the sunday paper is the Checkers wrap ad around the kids comic page..)
shocked.gif

(Looking for a 12 step program).. Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Its getting worse. I just went out and bought 13 more quarts of RL @$2.50, in additon to the case of Havoline and 4 bottles of GC.
pat.gif

Well, I do have 20 Buy 3 Get 3 Free Mobil 1 coupons left, so I plan on stockpiling when I find out what vehicle I will be driving.
smile.gif

only thing about having too much oil. you will have the urge to use it quick with 3k oci intervals
nono.gif
I have about 153 qts of oil for three cars. I love a good deal but I can't justify buying anymore until I use up my stash especially when SM just came out. Here's what I got

15 qt valvoline durablend SM
24 qt mobil 1300 delvac 15w40 sl
20 exxon superflo high mileage 10w40
9 exxon superflo 10w30
15 qt philips 66 trop artic 5w30 syn blend sm
10 qt havoline full syn 10w30 sl
12 qt rotella T 10w30 sl
4 qt chevron supreme 10w30 sl
12 qt pennzoil 10w30 sl
11.5 qt pennzoil 10w40 sl
6 qt pennzoil 10w40 high mileage sl
8.5 qt advance auto oil 10w30 sl
1 qt supertech 15w40 sl
5 qt castrol syntec blend 10w30 sl

quote:

Originally posted by GreeCguy:
You guys are going to think I'm really nuts - but I just came in from counting my "stash" - 514 quarts. .........
What can I say, "Hello everyone. My name is GreeCguy and I'm an oilaholic."

Dear GreeCguy:

You are a Legend!!!

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
worshippy.gif

My local Walmart had the discontinued Motorcraft SM 5w20 at $1.52, so I bought 18 quarts. That's enough for 2 years of changes in my Ranger. I also have 1 1/2 cases of Havoline 5w30 for the Cavalier.
freak2.gif

quote:

STP 10W40 (ten quarts of this stuff I picked up at a yard sale API SG - all ten quarts for a dollar).

I used to run that! That was the only oil that the 360K mile 345 in my Scout wouldn't burn! I could go 3000 miles on it and it would still read "full".

All other oils would vanish before 1k.
grin.gif

106qts of Mobil1 with 2 cars to feed.(10,000mile changes/3to4 months each) should be ok for a little while. Wal-mart and Pep Boys-buy3for3free deal-averaged out at just under $3.00 per qt.

Would you believe that with all that oil, I still can't stop looking, (and buying) more motor oil? You know it's bad when you start storing quart bottles behind books on the book shelf and under the bed in the bedroom!
shocked.gif

quote:

Would you believe that with all that oil, I still can't stop looking, (and buying) more motor oil? You know it's bad when you start storing quart bottles behind books on the book shelf and under the bed in the bedroom!
shocked.gif

I believe it. I've got 20 cases in the garage right now, plus the bargain bottles of Delo and Delvac I bought at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, not to mention 6 gallons of Rotella 10w30. And I think I've got close to 20 filters (each!) for both vehicles.

Not to mention another case or two at my parent's, plus I think another 3 filters for each vehicle. I do my oil changes there since they have a nice flat driveway in back and no nosey homeowner's association to fine them for doing vehicle maintenance like I have here.

And with all that, I'm still fighting the urge to go to Pep Boys to get a case or two of the $.99/quart of Valvoline and the Purolator filters they have on sale/rebate this week.

quote:

Ahhhhhhhh - but can't you hear them now - they call you - "Come, buy us."

Yes....and I hear them despite the 29dB ear plugs I'm wearing.....

Must........resist........urge..........

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back