Today in NYC- land of protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't too bad, but it was wacky enough.

Wife and I took a stroll in Central Park late today, wearing our Bush stuff. A few hecklers, one nasty guy, but no danger. So many police there that nothing much was going to happen. Mostly kids who wanted to get their big protest experience like they heard their professors talk about from the 60's. But everyone from young kids up to old folks in wheelchairs.

I thought the Communists were long gone, but two diferent Communist groups were there hawking for new members. Not too many takers that I could see.

Didn't see or hear anyone with any real ideas, just hate for the President. Can only imagine how angry they'll be (or completely deflated) when Pres. Bush wins in November.

Quite the human carnival here this week...Steve

quote:

Originally posted by STSinNYC:
Wife and I took a stroll in Central Park late today, wearing our Bush stuff.

Right from the start, I knew there was something honorable about you.
grin.gif

Someone that doesn't support Kerry is a facist?

Whoa........

How angry do you imagine the X people will be(or completely deflated) when Y candidate wins in November?

Personally I won't be angry if any candidate wins. Unlike a whole group who scream about stolen elections ad naseum. I will support the president and voice my opposition when necessary. I will not violate the laws of the land in doing so. I will crack clean jokes. Again unlike (a) certain group(s), who seem to think their cause is so much "better", therefore they have a "right" to hate, burn, use the word F&*K in front of my children, etc.

I must add the protest seemed pretty peaceful on the telly, save the few nuts. I do find it strange that certain spokepeople say the Republicans should NOT have their convention in NY because it's a D state.....(fill in the ironies here, R elected officials, etc)....but they protest for "freedom"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back