Tire suggestions for 2010 Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok!

Tire Rack is offering a $70 discount on 4-tires starting tomorrow... I guess I will have him go with the A/S tires... Shipped they come out to $421 to my door (plus whatever installation). I guess he is going locally though and having them price match and all that.

I have the Yokohama AVID Ascends. At first I hated them because they are terrible in wet weather (hydroplaning) and wanted to take them back. After 5k of driving on them, they wore in pretty good and they track much better now. On their website they are rated as high winter performance (as far as all-season is concerned).

I get OEM gas mileage on them (between 41 and 58 mpg depending on my speed and the hills).

If I had to rate them I'd give them a 8 out of 10. I don't love them and probably would choose something different next time but I don't hate them either and they are not bad for an 85k tire. They are wearing well at 16k.

Nokian WR G2.

Low Rolling resistance tires.... a common trait of Nokian tires.

No high aromatic oils used in the tires... to match the planet-saving mentality.

And... has the mountain-snowflake logo and has the UTQG Wear rating of 400.... (real snow tires don't require the wear rating).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back