Tire Preasure Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old digital gauge finally died after 6 years of use. I am looking for a replacement, nothing fancy just something accurate and cost Thank You
Joe

I've seen digital gauges at Target for $15 or so. Check out Amazon, they have lots of gauges under $20.

Another thing to do is check the new one for accuracy. Just because it is new, it doesn't mean it is accurate.

I have a friend who races motorcycles, who changes the tires on my Goldwing.

When he changes one, he always puts 40 pounds of air in the tire, according to his expensive and accurate gauge. Then, when I get the tire home, I check all of my gauges, against the known 40 pounds of air in the tire.

I've thrown away two gauges so far.

I got one from Walmart that has a round dial. I prefer this style over the digital or the pen style. Besides, the round dial style are the type found on almost all types of tanks. I personally believe they are more reliable, though I have no proof. Anyways, I paid less than $10.

It will remember the PSI until you press the release valve. This is handy if its at an angle you can't read. Then you can press it to the tire for a second. Then bring it up to your face where you can see it. The release valve on the side can also be used to let air out of the tire if it's over inflated. I usually over inflate a bit and then use the relief valve until the psi drops down to where I want it. Work great and it was cheap enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back