tire inflators with automatic shut off?

Looking for a tire inflator to use with my full size air compressor, but I'd really like to find one with a programmable shut off. That is, enter say 35psi and it will only inflate to 35psi. Do these exist? Or am I stuck using the crappy electric tire inflators if I want this convenience?

Like Jeff, I use the M12 inflator, but I get that's not what you're looking for. The product in the link is an example of a solution, if I understand the question. There are plenty of alternatives - this is just one of the first Google results.

I suppose you could crank your regulator down, if it's precise enough. You would still have to manually shut the compressor off though, or it will waste power in the space between 35 psi and whatever 120 it keeps in its tank.

The portable electric one, which you don't want, is great for lending out to non-car people who need a quick top off, and to whom you don't want to explain your big air compressor system to.

Purchased a Snow Joe inflator a year ago. Quick easy and it WORKS. Was $29 last Prime Day IIRC

This might be a better solution. The battery has only been charged once and it lasted through putting air in last fall and several uses on the motorcycle. Heck the built in gauge is as accurate as my BMW tire gauge from the early nineties. I take it on trips as it uses very little space. If my spare is ever needed, I can set it to the correct pressure before using it.

Though It does the heart good to use what you have, I understand

Looking for a tire inflator to use with my full size air compressor, but I'd really like to find one with a programmable shut off. That is, enter say 35psi and it will only inflate to 35psi. Do these exist? Or am I stuck using the crappy electric tire inflators if I want this convenience?
I bought this for my daughter. Does what you want and works great. And it's on sale now.

I'd like to know why this feature is so important . It's not like you have to wait hours to fill the tire .

How much do you wanna spend? :D

1684786851420.jpg

I suppose you could crank your regulator down, if it's precise enough. You would still have to manually shut the compressor off though, or it will waste power in the space between 35 psi and whatever 120 it keeps in its tank.

The portable electric one, which you don't want, is great for lending out to non-car people who need a quick top off, and to whom you don't want to explain your big air compressor system to.
I was thinking the same. Install a little inline regulator with female/male quick connects set up accordingly. Just dial that to the desired set point.

I was thinking the same. Install a little inline regulator with female/male quick connects set up accordingly. Just dial that to the desired set point.
As tire pressures approach system pressure it just gets kinda slow, but I suppose if the idea is to be able to walk away, time is not a significant factor

I bought an inexpensive one through Amazon that does that. Set the pressure I want and it does the rest.

Last edited:
Since it takes about 10s.. not sure what the actual convenience is.
any sort of system that reads the air pressure is going to make it much slower.

Now on those little inflators that take 2-3min its nice they shut off because you can go away and come back.

I quite like my m12 inflator for small jobs.

I have an astro digital inflator and it lets air out pretty fast so I can have them on target in just a few seconds even if I overshoot (trigger to let air out or in)
I splurged in 2018 on it for 56$
they appear to have went up in price (gee imagine that)
now 85$

I bought a Ryobi cordless one that has two sides. One low pressure, high volume for beach toys. The other side with auto shutoff for vehicle tires. I like it. I only have a few Ryobi cordless tools, the rest are Milwaukee M18/M12.

Less so here in Delaware than NY because different weather, but this is much easier than dragging out an air hose from my air compressor especially if it's snowy or muddy and the air hose would get wet or dirty.

Back