Time to Bash Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their are many great oils available to the consumer, it comes down to what your needs and application calls for. Mobil isn't the Holy Grail of the oil world, but they do have 63% of the synthetic market for a good reason. I'd sit back and see how these new GF-4/Antimony oils first before jumping the gun. An early guess on my part is that they will be just fine.

CRACK Kills!
grin.gif

Kinda OT, but I was surprised that Mobil 1 0w-40 in the new bottle was SM with all the Euro specs intact. I don't know much about the differences between SM and GF-4 but it seems like GF-4 is somehow more additive restrictive than SM. Which I find counter-intuitive in the sense that CAFE/CARB/DOT/API seem more intent on mandating oil characteristics than the International body; ISLAC. Anyway, I assume it is unchanged from it's previous "SL" version because re-testing would be prohibitive.

offtopic.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
...Below 24,000 feet tempatures are more closely linked to latitude then altitude...

Really? You mean that if I drive 4 miles north it'll be colder than if I drive 4 miles straight up? j/k This just made me grin.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
bugshu, Again I think you are grossly mis-interpeting the VOA!!! Just becasue the additives in the new GF4 M1 appear lower does not mean anything. There is plenty of stuff you can not see in that oil....

Exactly. Not only does the VOA not give a complete picture of the AW/AF additives used, more of something doesn't mean better. The place to look for the effectiveness of an add pack is the UOA, not the VOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back