Throttle Body Valve Adjusting?

Amen! Just finished. Got a bunch of black stuff out of those tiny holes. Cranked it up and drove around the block. Thanks for all y’all’s help.

This is the second weird thing on this particular 4Runner. The other is the orientation of the thermostat. Most cars have jiggle valve at 12 o’clock. This 4Runners (and maybe a few years prior) jiggle valve goes on at 6 o’clock per FSM.

“They” say it runs cooler when jiggle valve is at 6 o’clock. Check it out.

Trav, the 2001 and 2002 I know have this hybrid system like in the video and it has perplexed many a 4Runner owner.
Apparently going back to 1999.

I found out about it in a 4Runner forum last night around midnight. It's a combo "drive by wire" and "electronic" set up. Five minutes ago, I got my wife to turn the ignition "on" and press accelerator to the floor and shazam! The throttle body opened wide open.

The way it is acting is perfectly normal. Now I gotta decide whether to clean it completely like the YouTube.
Don't be surprised to see kind of behavior if you ever decide to fuss with the TB on your LS. Here, there is no direct connection between the throttle cable and the butterfly.

I’m gonna do all the TB’s in the next week.

Thanks for the tips.

Back