Three year check in - Dewalt 20 V Weed Trimmer

I’m about to start season four on my Dewalt 20 V string trimmer. The lithium 5 AH battery is still strong as new. I also use the same battery on a Dewalt reciprocating saw that gets a fair amount of use. Also, the price of a battery has come down to about $75 if anyone is worried about that.

Here is a shot from the summer of 2018 with it beside my Poulan gas model which I sold. Enjoy.

46C40C1E-3020-4D9D-8046-98269E7E318C.jpg

I have the same Dewalt 20V trimmer. I'm a fan of the 20V line of tools. Powerful enough to do the job, not to costly or heavy.

I find that the trimmer is capable of doing most jobs on my wildly overgrown Florida acreage, but it's considerably slower than my professional 26cc Echo. I have 4 batteries and I use 3 from start to finish. Keep in mind, my yard is 2 acres of Florida jungle and keeping the rapidly growing weeds at bay takes serious effort. It's not unusual for grass to be 12 inches high along the house and around all the trees in 2 weeks!

It's not that the Dewalt is really down on power, because for most jobs it's not. But it's not swinging as large a string as the gas unit, and it's not as easy to control.

U4cpYyT.jpg

Back